2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took delivery of a 2018 Pacifica Hybrid minivan this weekend. So far, we are enjoying the process of learning to use it.

For those who have changed the lowbeam light bulb (9005) in the projector housing, how do you remove original bulb and install the new bulb on the passenger side? I could not seem to figure out as there are almost zero space between the dust cap and the module...

To get to that point, I already removed the screw that held the wind shield fluid funnel along with the rubber cover for a module, and pivoted that funnel out of the way. Here are the remaining issues i have:

1) I could not get a proper grip to twist the original bulb counterclockwise. Are there (should I) use any tools to facilitate this?
2) What is the best way to secure the dust cap again? I am not sure i have put enough torque to securely close the cap. Which tool(s) were used?

Any tips / tutorial /pics /video would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just took delivery of a 2018 Pacifica Hybrid minivan this weekend. So far, we are enjoying the process of learning to use it.

For those who have changed the lowbeam light bulb (9005) in the projector housing, how do you remove original bulb and install the new bulb on the passenger side? I could not seem to figure out as there are almost zero space between the dust cap and the module...

To get to that point, I already removed the screw that held the wind shield fluid funnel along with the rubber cover for a module, and pivoted that funnel out of the way. Here are the remaining issues i have:

1) I could not get a proper grip to twist the original bulb counterclockwise. Are there (should I) use any tools to facilitate this?
2) What is the best way to secure the dust cap again? I am not sure i have put enough torque to securely close the cap. Which tool(s) were used?

Any tips / tutorial /pics /video would be greatly appreciated!
Hey bud, so there's a video I referenced:

It's a hybrid too so it's even more applicable for you (I have the ICE version).

Regardless, I found that the driver side was hard to remove without removing the diagonal metal strut/brace that holds I don't-know-what in place. But it's just 3 bolts all 10mm and once you get it off, access to the driver's side low beam is much easier.

The passenger side is actually easier IMHO. The video suggests removing the metal brace. I think you just need to remove the single bolt that holds the rubber boot to the windshield fluid to the brace. Then there should be enough space to access the passenger side bulb. But then I have small hands. For my HID install I *did* remove the same diagonal brace, again 3x10mm bolts shown in the video. Super easy. Then you'll have tons of space.

Let me know if you have any questions.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! That video is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a million!

I tried to install without removing the metal brace, but yeah, the abs module was just too close to house and the metal brace got in the way.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Is this basically the same process I would use to replace the HID D3S low beam on my Pacifica Limited? The bulb obviously won't turn out so how do you get it out of the housing? Thanks for any help you can give!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I upgraded to LED bulbs within one week of my purchase. My dealer performed the service. They pulled the whole front off to do this. The LEDs should last the life of the car. I got the CarID brand. So far so good, I love them. The cost to replace some of the Muscle cars bulbs is $500. Not the new bulbs, just the service. So, even for pros, it is not easy. Unless you're comfortable dismantling the whole front of your vehicle, I would let the dealer handle it. My Chrysler Dealer is awesome. Ferman - Lutz, Florida. My tech there, Louis is a pro, he has upgraded many cars to LEDs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Mark, I hope folks realize that the stupid utube videos including the one on this site are showing how to replace the high beam bulbs, which rarely burn out because they aren't used much. To replace the much more frequently needed low beams you must remove the entire front end cowling as you described. Whatever are these people thinking about.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts