2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live on a hill, and I noticed that after the car is charged at 100% (the car was left plugged in for a couple of days straight) regen braking does not seem to work, which means more wear on the brake pads.

Is there any way to limit the charging to 99% or so, so that regen braking will work?

I currently have only the Level 1 charger which comes with the car, but I am considering getting a Level 2 charger.

Thank you.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I live on a hill, and I noticed that after the car is charged at 100% (the car was left plugged in for a couple of days straight) regen braking does not seem to work, which means more wear on the brake pads.

Is there any way to limit the charging to 99% or so, so that regen braking will work?

I currently have only the Level 1 charger which comes with the car, but I am considering getting a Level 2 charger.

Thank you.
Interesting. Don't know about limiting charging, but what about starting it ahead of time? The heater or a/c might be enough to scrub off a percentage but don't know.

·
Registered
255 Posts

Thank you.
The only way is to time it manually. I have a Level 2 EVSE and it will fully charge in 1:55. If I don't want it to charge to 100%, I can set the charging timer to charge for 1:45. Or I can plug it in and set my phone's timer to 1:50. When my alarm goes off, I unplug it. I don't know the times for level 1, but when you plug it in, it gives you an estimate. You can set a timer 1 hour before it's due and come out to check on it.

·
Registered
755 Posts
If have a level 2 charger you just see what’s left in battery percentage and how long roughly you want to charge it to . Don’t forget the last 10 minutes it’s a slow charge , just change the Pacifica charging schedule to turn on and off to allow for the time . Side note , when charging the pa indicated always charge it so that it ends just prior to use. This allows the battery to still be warm and allows for optimum battery usage .

·
Registered
87 Posts
Just drive uphill a mile or so when you leave the house fully charged.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If have a level 2 charger you just see what’s left in battery percentage and how long roughly you want to charge it to . Don’t forget the last 10 minutes it’s a slow charge , just change the Pacifica charging schedule to turn on and off to allow for the time . Side note , when charging the pa indicated always charge it so that it ends just prior to use. This allows the battery to still be warm and allows for optimum battery usage .
FYI... this is what a charge cycle looks like on level 2 from empty. It only adds 12kWh and the taper is not like most EV’s.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like my choice is either time it (which may work for me to set up, not necessarily for my wife...), or just scrub some of the charge by getting the A/C / heat to run a few minutes before leaving, which may be the best solution in general. Thank you for the advice!

·
Registered
23 Posts

Thank you.
You might want to try shifting into "L" if you don't already do that. When I'm at 100% charge, I notice that I get more regen in "L" mode then applying brake when slowing down at lights.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts