2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to disable 3rd row seat adjustment button? We have curious children in car seats in 3rd row who are able to render their car seats less safe by playing with this button. Thank you.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Is there a way to disable 3rd row seat adjustment button? We have curious children in car seats in 3rd row who are able to render their car seats less safe by playing with this button. Thank you.
I took a group of Teens to a charity event the other day and someone in the 3rd Row was playing with the buttons. I was also thinking of how to disable or cover these buttons. I don't know of any Setting that will accomplish this, but I think I could find a plastic or rubberized storage container lid and some Velcro that may allow me to cover the buttons without a noticeable curiosity.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
As a last resort try popping out the switch panel with a plastic pry tool and disconnect the electrical connector. When the kids get older reconnect it.

·
Registered
223 Posts
As a last resort try popping out the switch panel with a plastic pry tool and disconnect the electrical connector. When the kids get older reconnect it.
Did anyone try this?

·
Registered
293 Posts
I was thinking of prying our that panel and disconnecting that switch as well. My daughter whose car seat is back there also messes with that button. She seems to have stopped messing with it though so we will see.

·
Registered
293 Posts
So I ended up doing this today because my daughter yet again moved the seat. It was as simple as I had imagined. Used my plastic interior pry tool and the panel popped right out. Simple connector to undo and put it back in....done.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I ended up doing this today because my daughter yet again moved the seat. It was as simple as I had imagined. Used my plastic interior pry tool and the panel popped right out. Simple connector to undo and put it back in....done.
Is that plastic interior pry tool something that came with the Pacifica?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Wonder if you can put a simple remote kill-switch into the power supply for the switch to disable it and enable it easily without having to remove it. It would involve a wiring modification though and I'm not certain how that thing is wired up.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Is that plastic interior pry tool something that came with the Pacifica?
The tool didn't come with the van. You might be able to get an individual plastic pry tool at an auto parts store or someone else suggested putting tape over a flat blade screwdriver.

Someone referred to this kit from Amazon previously - Trim and Panel Removal Tools , 14Pcs Auto Upholstery Fastener Tools Clip Plier Set Fastener Remover for Automotive , Marine , and Aircraft.

·
Registered
188 Posts
My kids have been messing with the buttons as well, what would be even better if Chrysler pushes an update to add the option disable the seats from the front screen if it were even possible. I mean we can control the headrests to some degree...

·
Registered
293 Posts
Just disconnecting the switch is sooo easy guys....like less than 1 minute easy. Don’t even bother with a plastic pry tool, just get a plastic knife or anything really. The panel just pops right out in two seconds. No need to get fancy with it and wire up a special kill switch or anything.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
9 Participants
nooga
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing