2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We currently have a 2017 Touring L, whose lease is up in a couple months. This one is a 7 seater and we are planning to look at 8 seater so our three kids (18m,3y and 7y) can all sit and play(?!) with each other, rather than having one sit in the third row all the time.

I am curious to know if anyone has any tricks to find 8 seaters vs 7 seaters. I can see lots of 2019 and even some 2018 inventory on third party as well as dealer websites, but none of them show how many passengers they seat. I stay 5mi away from Chrysler HQ in Auburn Hills, MI. So there are a tons of dealers with ample availability. Going through each of the stock is getting very tedious. Although most of what I have found is 7 seater!!

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
583 Posts
The chrysler shopping tool seems to have the option to filter by 8-seaters under packages.

A good trick is to make note of the MSRP when you see one with 8 seats, there's really only a few combinations. If you search by MSRP you can pick out which ones have which options just on price alone. For instance, any 2019 priced at $48,580 probably is a limited with uconnect and 8 seats. It's not perfect since prices sometimes change throughout the year but it'll get you close.

Personally I'd be looking at hybrids with the cushier seats but i'm biased. ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The chrysler shopping tool seems to have the option to filter by 8-seaters under packages.

A good trick is to make note of the MSRP when you see one with 8 seats, there's really only a few combinations. If you search by MSRP you can pick out which ones have which options just on price alone. For instance, any 2019 priced at $48,580 probably is a limited with uconnect and 8 seats. It's not perfect since prices sometimes change throughout the year but it'll get you close.

Personally I'd be looking at hybrids with the cushier seats but i'm biased. ;)
Yes the website does show 2019 and 2020 inventory. not so much for 2018s though. There are still several 2018s available around, so I was hoping I could get a better deal on those, considering there is not much changed between 2018 and 2019. 2020's seem to have some changes but not a huge changes if we can scoop a 2018 Limited for almost same price as a 2020 Touring L.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Oh ok. Well thats not gonna work for us. That was easy. It would had been nice as my work trip is within 30mi...
30 one-way or round trip?

·
Registered
330 Posts
You could always keep a 7-seater, stow the second row, and array your progeny in the 3-seat third row....

·
Registered
583 Posts
You could always keep a 7-seater, stow the second row, and array your progeny in the 3-seat third row....
Excellent idea. I would at least try that for a while to see how it would work out with the second row.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They are small and still need attention/ handing things to them. The 3 yr and the 18months definitely cant buckle themselves either. So that would mean us getting in the car to buckle them up in the back seat. Which we did for a while with the 3yr old as she was seating back with the 7yr one. so i know its not fun.... esp in cold weather...

30 one-way or round trip?
round trip.

·
Registered
86 Posts
If you like the van you have and the numbers make sense you can add the seat.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you like the van you have and the numbers make sense you can add the seat.

oh wow... i had no clue.. When we bought the 2017, I had called the dealer a few months later to see if I could add the 8th seat, and they said it needs to be factory built and there was no way to add it later... I should have followed this forum more closely.. thanks for the link..

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
oh wow... i had no clue.. When we bought the 2017, I had called the dealer a few months later to see if I could add the 8th seat, and they said it needs to be factory built and there was no way to add it later... I should have followed this forum more closely.. thanks for the link..
Please keep in mind that if you add a 8th seat to an existing 7seater (even though possible for the seats), the seatbelt issue still remains. You can only use a lap belt and not a full legal seatbelt (unless you figure out a way to incorporate it into the 8th seat). (??? Liability issues). It may be okay at present since the kids are in child-seats now, but will be a problem later on as they grow and need full seatbelts. Don’t be shortsighted. If you really need a 8 seater then I would look at trading your car to a proper 8 seater. I’m in a similar situation and today moved all my three kids into the 2nd row and they appear to be much happier together.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Please keep in mind that if you add a 8th seat to an existing 7seater (even though possible for the seats), the seatbelt issue still remains. You can only use a lap belt and not a full legal seatbelt (unless you figure out a way to incorporate it into the 8th seat). (??? Liability issues). It may be okay at present since the kids are in child-seats now, but will be a problem later on as they grow and need full seatbelts. Don’t be shortsighted. If you really need a 8 seater then I would look at trading your car to a proper 8 seater. I’m in a similar situation and today moved all my three kids into the 2nd row and they appear to be much happier together.
For sure, people should know what they are doing, but if you read the post of adding the seat he does add the note about the belt along with identifying how you can add the belt (ceiling for vans without sunroof). If you have the right van the 8th seat can be mounted just like factory.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you really need a 8 seater then I would look at trading your car to a proper 8 seater
That is what I am intending to do. I dont understand cars very well, so my perspective of Chrysler's is that they are good for lease. I am not sure if I would own one long term. So not modifying this one..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts