2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is for the purpose of activating the ATT subscription. Several years ago I had tried that and the ATT guys asked me this question which I had no idea and had to suffer several frustrating calls to Chrysler/Uconnect / Sirius to get that. Problem is when to try to call Chrysler, they think it is for activating the Sirius guardian subscription and it’s an uphill battle to convince them otherwise, some seem to have no idea about what I’m talking.
Is there an easy way to find out what my car’s phone number is, so that I can call ATT and solve it without much drama?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Folks, do you thing that the ATT info would be on a VIP option list? There is a big page in the radio settings that lists all of the software licenses also. Possibly some info there. I think I remember that it was on the same page as the SiriusXM info.

·
Registered
652 Posts
If you’re talking about an AT&T WiFi plan there have been quite a few posts this year about that not actually being available. Maybe they have it again but if so I haven’t seen as much.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
You can view my vehicle phone number by login into My Vehicle A&TT account. Manage your Connected Car data plan from AT&T

The number is specifically assigned to the VIN and the onboard Simcard already installed in the vehicle from the factory after the WiFi service is activated, not before. The activation will assign a local phone number for the area you reside in the vehicle's Simcard as a placeholder for the active data services only.

If it has NOT been activated, you do not have a phone number assigned to the vehicle.

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Electric blue

To activate your vehicle click the get started under free trial in the link provided above:

Boat Font Rectangle Advertising Watercraft

PRO TIP: DO NOT add this service to an existing AT&T cellular phone plan after activating through My Vehicle. They will add monthly surcharges, government fees, and taxes to the vehicle data plan if you are an AT&T mobile customer and merge the accounts. Keep the vehicle WiFi data account separate under the My Vehicle account provided above. This will keep your monthly billing as an internet service only and will be a flat rate.

Been there, done that. I was getting charged over $6.00 extra dollars a month in fees after merging the account with my AT&T phones. It was a nightmare getting the vehicle back into My Vehicle account and separated from my cellular account. Once it was moved back to the My Vehicle account my login was broken and would not show anything once logged in. It took over 4 months for the IT Techs to figure out how to fix My Vehicle account and get it working properly again.

Reactions: Bond007

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
If you have a 2018 it's not going to work correctly. You need ALL the updates for the radio first and then another update they are supposed to push soon to fix it. Just an FYI..
My 2018 didn't need any updates for this when I activated it new off the lot in July 2019. I transferred my service from my 2018 to my 2021 in May 2021 by calling the support number provided on the My Vehicle website. I am going on three years now of continuous unlimited data services @ $15 a month from two different vehicles with 0 issues with the services.

The current owners of my previous 2018 activated the service without issue by starting a new account by going to the My Vehicle website. It has been working great for them since May 2021 without any updates.

Reactions: Bond007

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
If you have a 2018 it's not going to work correctly. You need ALL the updates for the radio first and then another update they are supposed to push soon to fix it. Just an FYI..
I don’t know if anything has changed now. I had this service working for a couple months during holiday trips a few years ago, and that was after the free trial has ended. So I’ll just call the ATT and ask them to renew my subscription, unless things have changed.

EDIT: Upon logging into My Vehicle A&TT account by putting my VIN Manage your Connected Car data plan from AT&T, it shows that the ATT wifi is not available for my car, and they are working to resolve it.
So looks like things have changed indeed. Bummer.
Wonder if @ChryslerCares could help here.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I don’t know if anything has changed now. I had this service working for a couple months during holiday trips a few years ago, and that was after the free trial has ended. So I’ll just call the ATT and ask them to renew my subscription, unless things have changed.

EDIT: Upon logging into My Vehicle A&TT account by putting my VIN Manage your Connected Car data plan from AT&T, it shows that the ATT wifi is not available for my car, and they are working to resolve it.
So looks like things have changed indeed. Bummer.
Wonder if @ChryslerCares could help here.
Yeah I went through it all already. But your radio has to be at version 39.5 before the hotspot fix comes out to get it.

·
Registered
224 Posts
My 2018 didn't need any updates for this when I activated it new off the lot in July 2019. I transferred my service from my 2018 to my 2021 in May 2021 by calling the support number provided on the My Vehicle website. I am going on three years now of continuous unlimited data services @ $15 a month from two different vehicles with 0 issues with the services.

The current owners of my previous 2018 activated the service without issue by starting a new account by going to the My Vehicle website. It has been working great for them since May 2021 without any updates.
Didn't need it until att did something which I assume was the 3g shut off or something but now 2018 vans show there is a fix being worked on.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So is the wifi working for any other model years at all? Chrysler cares told me that ATT has stopped offering wifi services. Is another provider offering those now? I’m reading so many different reports online. Some say that Stellantis corporate is the problem (after their takeover). What’s going on?

Reactions: Onickv

·
Registered
224 Posts
So is the wifi working for any other model years at all? Chrysler cares told me that ATT has stopped offering wifi services. Is another provider offering those now? I’m reading so many different reports online. Some say that Stellantis corporate is the problem (after their takeover). What’s going on?
It's not that they stopped it's that there is a firmware update required but Uconnet Team told me that I'd need to call back at the first of every month(going to try in December) and ask them if the update is done. If it is done you have to ask to be put on the OTA release and they will only do that if your version is 39.5 in the radio. They will then push you this update that will fix whatever is wrong. I'm starting to wonder though if what is wrong is the modem won't work or something but guess we will find out..

·
Registered
121 Posts
Well, I got a massage on my that My 2017 Limited. Uconnect subscription has expired and was waned that my 911 service will no longer work unless I renew the subscription, never used it and don't need it I have a cellphone for that. for you that are interested finding your phone number push the 911 button if operator comes on explain that it is non emergency call you want to find out if your 911 call filcher still works if it dose ask to read the number in there caller ID to you, that be your number.
2017 Limited.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts