2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Chrysler Pacifica Limited Red 'S' Edition
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noob owner here.

Feels like a dumb question, but I've looked and looked, and I don't see how I can make the climate control run in auto mode, but with the AC compressor overridden to not engage.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
130 Posts
I believe the AC is set on in Auto setting to aid in cooling the vehicle when needed to maintain the desired cabin temperature. That does not mean that the compressor is engaged all the time. Just when required.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yeah, I get that. I was wondering if there was a way to be in auto/econ mode. Every one of my previous cars could do it, can't figure out if it can be done on my Pacifica.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
130 Posts
I have not seen that in the manuals I have read. But I am new to the Pacifica. Others here with more experience should be able to verify or change the information I gave.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Noob owner here.

Feels like a dumb question, but I've looked and looked, and I don't see how I can make the climate control run in auto mode, but with the AC compressor overridden to not engage.
I did not think any car's AUTO option runs without having access to the AC compressor if needed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You hit "Auto" and then turn the AC off. It'll regulate the cabin temperature but not be able to cool lower than ambient temp. I think you can just get manual vent fan by turning the system off and then hitting the fan speed up button but I'm too lazy to get up and check it!

·
Registered
175 Posts
You hit "Auto" and then turn the AC off. It'll regulate the cabin temperature but not be able to cool lower than ambient temp. I think you can just get manual vent fan by turning the system off and then hitting the fan speed up button but I'm too lazy to get up and check it!
The owners manual states: "If Economy mode is desired, push the A/C button to turn off the A/C mode in the ATC display and deactivate the A/C system."

The catch is that this only works if you are using manual mode with the A/C enabled to begin with.

The way the ATC is setup, making any change aside from raising/lowering the desired temperature disables Auto mode. Because of this it's impossible to disable the A/C compressor and keep Auto mode enabled.

While Auto mode is selected, pressing the A/C button (both the physical button or on the touchscreen) disables Auto mode and enables A/C w/manual temp control. Pressing the A/C button again disables the A/C compressor, but still leaves you in manual mode.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did not think any car's AUTO option runs without having access to the AC compressor if needed.
My GM vehicles all had the option of running with the climate control temp set, but system in Econ, going back to the 80's. My '13 VW CC and my last car, an '05 Nissan Quest also worked that way.

I've been letting it go into auto, and hitting the AC button twice to make the system run without the compressor. It seems to default to a floor/face mix, dunno if that will change with warmer weather.

Lovin' this van though. 😁

·
Registered
272 Posts
My Mazda has the option as well. Hit auto and it's full-auto with AC on (if needed, but always on standby). I can hit the AC button to turn AC off, so it will still run in auto mode but not allow the ac compressor to turn on.

I have not been able to replicate this in the pacifica. It appears it's either manual or auto, no middle ground.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts