2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Chrysler Pacifica 2018 Limited
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a Certified Pre-owned Chrysler Pacifica Limited 2018 in TX and shipped to CA. When I drove, I observed there is Keysense locked. I tried entering some numbers 1234, 2018, etc., none of them worked. I called TX dealership for the pin, they are saying they don't have it, they asked me to go to any Chrysler dealership, they will reformat keysense but when I called CA dealership they are charging $245 for the job to be done. Is there a way to reset the keysense pin. The car still have 3yrs company warranty.

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Touring L (9/2016 Build)
2,123 Posts
I purchased a Certified Pre-owned Chrysler Pacifica Limited 2018 in TX and shipped to CA. When I drove, I observed there is Keysense locked. I tried entering some numbers 1234, 2018, etc., none of them worked. I called TX dealership for the pin, they are saying they don't have it, they asked me to go to any Chrysler dealership, they will reformat keysense but when I called CA dealership they are charging $245 for the job to be done. Is there a way to reset the keysense pin. The car still have 3yrs company warranty.
Welcome to the forum. You can download more extensive owner's manuals from the Mopar website if desired.

Did you get more than one fob? If so, try one that doesn't say Keysense on it until you find out how to reprogram it. Maybe @Bond007 will be able to assist you since he had a suggestion in the thread below.

If you put your van info in the signature line of account settings it will show up at the bottom of your posts and will help us answer your questions easier in the future.

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
70 Posts
There is no way for you to reset the pin. I must be done at the dealer. or you could just start 0000, 0001, 0002,.....9999

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Since the car is still under manufacturer warranty, can a dealership reset the Keysense PIN for free?

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
70 Posts
You can ask around, I don't know how many Chrysler Dealers are near you maybe they will do it as a courtesy. It's not really a warranty repair.
I've never even set mine up. I know it will let you set the top speed, set the radio's max volume, and will not allow you to turn off Park Sense.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Since the car is still under manufacturer warranty, can a dealership reset the Keysense PIN for free?
Not sure if certified pre owned warranty will cover key replacement/ reprogramming. Not to dig on you, but this should have been checked prior to delivery and dealership should have cleared it before you purchase it. One more thing to check for all Potential used car Owners, anyone remember that some cars such as VWs used to have a “radio code” which had a similar issue.
Now your best bet is to touch base with the selling dealership if they’d do it on good faith (it’s a long shot- and you probably tried it already- Dang that’s why I hate dealerships).
Another long shot is to see if you can get information from somewhere about it’s previous owner. May be the DMV where is was sold might have information- unlikely they’ll disclose it though. Sometimes the bill of sale / paperwork might have that information. I had gotten lucky in the past when I was in a sticky situation like this (with a VW Golf). I sent a nice letter addressed to the person listed not expecting anything and a nice old lady replied a month later and gave me all I wanted and more (including the missing spare key) :D.
Another super long shot- post the VIN here and see if any other forum members are the person (original owner) who you are looking for.
The regular key can be used to create a pin only if Keysense has not been programmed before.

Reactions: SciTchr

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1. Yes, a Certified Pre-owned warranty doesn't cover this kind of stuff.
2. @Bond007 maybe you missed reading how I purchased this car, TX to CA. Due to this COVID situation, I did not want any of my friends to go do a test-drive the car
3. It's a good lesson next time for anyone buying Pacifica with Keysense
4. Finally, I found a dealership who said they will reset for $100, that's fine, I don't want to chase previous owner for this :D

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Good that you found an acceptable solution.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts