2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2022 Pacifica and I am unable to turn off the lights completely when it is dark out. The modern electronics do not allow for the car to go completely dark... at least to my knowledge. Is there any way around this? I understand it is a safety feature, but I wish I had the control to completely turn off all exterior lights if I wanted to, esp when picking someone up for carpool before dawn and I don't want to sit in the driveway with the lights on =/

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
The only ways to turn off the halo (signature) lights are to find a competent dealer that knows how to do it, or get an OBD2 Bluetooth device, a security gateway bypass module, and buy AlfaOBD from the Android play store. Then on your phone, after everything is connected set Signature Light Present: to "No"

These work just fine for the job.
Rectangle Computer data storage Flash memory Font Gas

Font Rectangle Screenshot Parallel Electronic device

·
Registered
85 Posts
Ive already been messaging Hannah at @ChryslerCares about this.

Not sure if they really care (shrugs) but you're not the first - and probably wont be the last to complain about it.

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts

Not sure if they really care (shrugs) but you're not the first - and probably wont be the last to complain about it.
Try going to a drive-in movie or drive-through Christmas lights with those freaking lights blasting out the front.

Reactions: pure_insanity

·
Registered
85 Posts
Try going to a drive-in movie or drive-through Christmas lights with those freaking lights blasting out the front.
Yeah I mentioned that it can be a life safety issue. I said there's many legitimate scenarios where a vehicle needs to be running but the lights off due to either personal safety reasons, or from people from who get hostile when you are unable to turn your lights off.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don’t sit in the driveway, park on the curb.
The driveway situation is just an example of smart cars being too smart for their own good. If the driveway scenario was the only possible time this was an undesirable feature, I think we'd make do. But there are many other times when it is not desired, as @pure_insanity mentioned. Therefore, it seems to make sense to have a discussion about workarounds or getting Chrysler to give this control back to the the vehicle owner via the settings.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The only ways to turn off the halo (signature) lights are to find a competent dealer that knows how to do it, or get an OBD2 Bluetooth device, a security gateway bypass module, and buy AlfaOBD from the Android play store. Then on your phone, after everything is connected set Signature Light Present: to "No"

These work just fine for the job.
View attachment 50648
View attachment 50649
Thanks for the info! Very interesting and seems like a viable work around... though a bit complicated for something that should just be in the vehicle's headlight settings!

·
Registered
85 Posts
This is my current solution while I’m out on the road. Marine grade leather, backed with gorilla duct tape, and stuck on with painters tape. Cost me about $12 total.

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel Grille

Vehicle Grille Car Automotive lighting Wheel

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

Blue Rectangle Automotive exterior Automotive tire Tints and shades

Car Vehicle registration plate Land vehicle Vehicle Tire

Reactions: pezmartinis

·
Registered
85 Posts
Drls serve a purpose and there are a lot of state/ province laws that require them from driving through construction zones , visibility , weather events , etc .
Ugh 🙄

Yes but as you will find in every single one of the posts and complaints (if you actually take the time to read them) this has nothing to do with DRLs. These signature light features are merely that - a feature. It’s purely decorative. And on the 2021s and newer there is no way to turn it off.

The DRLs are something completely different. And in fact the DRLs can also be turned off in the Uconnect menu. This is why there have been so many complaints for so long.

Reactions: Jeep4XEGuy

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
So are we talking about halo or drl lights ? . Surprised nobody has mentioned the led light bar across the rear back hatch . The bull bar does look out of place but to each their own , it’s a people mover not a off road vessel . And if you hit something with it your lower font fascia garnish where module sits , would be toast . That bull bar would be bolted to the front underside cradle and only be relative to small animals like raccoons and skunks .

·
Registered
85 Posts
So are we talking about halo or drl lights ? . Surprised nobody has mentioned the led light bar across the rear back hatch . The bull bar does look out of place but to each their own , it’s a people mover not a off road vessel . And if you hit something with it your lower font fascia garnish where module sits , would be toast . That bull bar would be bolted to the front underside cradle and only be relative to small animals like raccoons and skunks .
Its been repeatedly mentioned in this post and all of the others - this is for the Signature Halo lights.

And also the irony of people dissing a modified minivan for being uncool on a forum for minivans - which are not the coolest to begin with, is kind funny.

People here do lift kits, lowering kits, big wheels, small wheels, tint, wraps, chrome, blackout, etc... So it's probably not best to be throwing stones in a glass house.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Awesome, I’ll let them remove them and block you so I don’t have to see any other posts like this from you. Good luck with your painters tape 💁🏻‍♂️
I don't understand why you are here? All you've contributed is "did you think of the most obvious thing?" and then you made fun of someone's rig who was actually providing constructive input given the nature of the thread.

Specifically, you were making fun of their rig for being lifted, while at the same time you are here in this forum to chronicle the lowering of yours. As @pure_insanity said, minivans are inherently pretty utilitous/stock people movers. Why not enjoy all the ways people are coming together to enjoy modifying them a bit?

Why not build up community instead of tear it down? (rhetorical question)

·
Registered
29 Posts
The driveway situation is just an example of smart cars being too smart for their own good. If the driveway scenario was the only possible time this was an undesirable feature, I think we'd make do. But there are many other times when it is not desired, as @pure_insanity mentioned. Therefore, it seems to make sense to have a discussion about workarounds or getting Chrysler to give this control back to the the vehicle owner via the settings.
I agree 100%. When I was in the service, we were required to turn off our headlights when pulling up to the military installation gate after dusk to preserve the guard's night vision and not blind them because they needed to see into the vehicles as they pulled up. Now, with DRLs, and auto-on headlights, how do you dim that **** when pulling up to the gate? I'm not sure how the policies have changed w/ newer cars, the predominance of DRLs, auto headlights, etc. since I've retired and moved to a town that doesn't have a military installation.

I had not considered drive-in movie theaters as there are not any where I live. I hated that my wife would drain the battery in our Mercedes sitting in the car listening to the radio while waiting for a kid's 45 min lesson somewhere and Mercedes arbitrarily decided that the parking lamps & DRLs had to be on if the accessories were on. Now I have the Pacifica and it's the same thing. I've seen, and changed the DRL setting in Uconnect, but I can't see any light turn on or off, so I can't figure out what is the Signature halo light and what is the DRL.

·
Registered
58 Posts

My dealer refused to disable the halo/signature lights, and Chrysler doesn't care enough to allow their customers to customize this and many other vehicle functions.

·
Registered
62 Posts
My dealer refused to disable the halo/signature lights, and Chrysler doesn't care enough to allow their customers to customize this and many other vehicle functions.
It’s a compliance/safety issue. The lights serve a purpose, shouldn’t be altered, and are required to operate as they do from factory. Easiest thing to do is just forget about it, unless your life will be significantly impacted if you can’t have it your way.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Again not a DLO issue, and I can’t stress this enough. The DLO can be disabled in the Uconnect menu because not all regions/local laws require them. This is a decorative led strip, and according to other owners, could be disabled in the 2020 and prior years in the uconnect menu.

I have been messaging Chrysler cares back and forth privately and received the following response:

“Understood!

Your comments have been noted by our team.

Hannah
Chrysler Cares”

1 - 20 of 30 Posts