2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to turn off KeySense restriction on the maximum volume (esp when playing podcast or music from iPhone)? I can't find it browsing through the menu.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thanks for asking masterofuniverse

I am wondering this as well, radio volume and MPH limit warning - what a downer.......if not off, at least increase the max amounts KeySense allows (and I don't remember actually choosing limits for either these in the first place)

·
Registered
212 Posts
hmm... previous post disappeared.

Try starting the van with the non-keysense fob. In the settings there should be a spot to make the volume and speed changes. Or keep the KeySense fob in the house. It will say what type of key it is on the back.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've already posted here. Still no answer. I'm a new owner of a used 18 Pacifica. I have the keysense code. I've been on the menu and made the changes I could. There is no way there to get past the volume limit (volume is not even mentioned) or speed limit. As an owner, I deserve/own the right to control my own vehicle. It was a former rental, so I imagine those limits were set to the customer's desires. However, I'm now the owner and have the same rights which do not have to be purchased, by law. The vehicle is still under your original warranty with 28K miles. Certainly, being that this blog is run by Chrysler, they can answer me. I've already notified you that I'm the new owner and supplied all the information requested. I expected at least a confirming email, but nothing. Sooo, I'm waiting Chrysler...patiently for now.

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Touring L (9/2016 Build)
2,109 Posts
I've already posted here. Still no answer. I'm a new owner of a used 18 Pacifica. I have the keysense code. I've been on the menu and made the changes I could. There is no way there to get past the volume limit (volume is not even mentioned) or speed limit. As an owner, I deserve/own the right to control my own vehicle. It was a former rental, so I imagine those limits were set to the customer's desires. However, I'm now the owner and have the same rights which do not have to be purchased, by law. The vehicle is still under your original warranty with 28K miles. Certainly, being that this blog is run by Chrysler, they can answer me. I've already notified you that I'm the new owner and supplied all the information requested. I expected at least a confirming email, but nothing. Sooo, I'm waiting Chrysler...patiently for now.
Try clicking on @ChryslerCares letters and send a message. Most of the time forum members respond to posts, but at times @ChryslerCares will.
Keysense is a limiting feature of a third fob. Normally two non limiting fobs came with the van unless there was an additional 3rd keysense fob as an extra feature. Perhaps the regular fobs got lost. Although it may be expensive, it seems like your only option is to purchase new non limiting fobs and have them programmed to the van if the place you bought the van from won't give you non limiting fobs.

·
Registered
17 Posts
You seem to misunderstand how this forum works. It has no affiliation whatsoever with Chrysler. It is owned by some Canadian company. If you want rant at Chrysler, you'll have to go somewhere else. Regarding the volume control, my understanding is that the limit cannot be increased. The speed limit can be adjusted between 65 and 85 mph. If you don't want those limits, you'll have to use a non-keysense key. The van comes with 2 when purchased new.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
559 Posts
Certainly, being that this blog is run by Chrysler, they can answer me.
This forum is not run by Chrysler. This is a fan/driver run and operated forum. The fact that ChryslerCares is here is up to Chrysler. This is not an official complaint or problem submission portal.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Hello GDub51,

We certainly regret to hear of this happening! We do recommend following up with your dealer. They will be in the best position to reset this for you as we are not able to do so on our end. If you'd like additional assistance while your vehicle is in service, please feel free to follow up with us via private message.

Alex
Chrysler Cares

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
The keysense FOB is not meant to be used as the primary key.

Don’t like restrictions? Don't use the keysense FOB.. problem solved.

Now if you have a Minor or someone that should have these restrictions feel free to let them use the Keysense FOB.

Use the normal FOB to setup your Keysense restrictions from the uConnect main screen / Settings / Keysense menu.

Enforce those setting by using the Keysense FOB.

You should have 3 keys, 2 normal and 1 keysense.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I've already posted here. Still no answer... As an owner, I deserve/own the right to control my own vehicle. It was a former rental,... I'm now the owner and have the same rights which do not have to be purchased, by law.I expected at least a confirming email, but nothing. Sooo, I'm waiting Chrysler...patiently for now.
wow.. I think these apply here.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I agree with m0ebius604, you should have two key fobs that have no restrictions. The Keysense fob is meant to be restrictive. It is an option that you are given as an owner. If you don’t wish to exercise that option then don’t use the Keysense fob. Owners of cars without Keysense normally get only the two primary key fobs.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Here's another possibility. @GDub51, are you assuming Keysense is the name given to the Chrysler fob system? If so, that's an easy mistake to make, as the name might suggest that. However, Keysense is the name given to a $200 optional extra fob designed to put restrictions on the Pacifica that a parent might impose on a teen-age driver, such as audio volume and speed limit. Your Keysense fob is not designed for daily adult use. If that is the only fob that came with your van, then you need to see your dealer and get them to correct that.

Also, just in case you didn't think of it, leave the Keysense fob at home away from the van when you don't want those restrictions imposed. If you have both in your pocket, Keysense will be in effect.

Reactions: m0ebius604

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for all the information, esp. SciTchr. Unfortunately, I'm sure your correct. I only got one key and it's the Keysense one that the rental company who owned it had obviously programmed it to protect the car from abuse. And thanks Alex for the corporate answer. I'm afraid the local dealer may not be so ingratiating, even though I am a 3-time buyer of Dodge Chrysler vans (two from this dealer ((SJC CA)) ), the local dealer has changed hands twice since I bought my first Caravan and they won't know me. Actually, I was not planning on buying another vehicle at my age, it all came about on Xmas eve, on the way to see the Grandkids, the Caravan blew a head gasket, destroying the engine leaving us stranded.
In the mad dash to source a new vehicle for us, I bought this used 18 Pacifica, with only 28K miles, using the internet for the first time, from one of the hundred it seems used car dealers on Harbor Blvd. The local Dodge Chrysler dealer had none. I was surprised by how affordable it was, though I hadn't bought a used car since my twenties. It's a much nicer vehicle! So quiet and comfortable and full of options I don't understand! But this is SoCal, we do admittedly speed now and then, and I want to crank up "I love LA!" this spring when we take the basketball crown.
So, I'm off to the San Juan Capistrano dealer to see what they say. I bet they want hundreds just so I can hear the radio. I'll report back since so many have expressed interest. Thanks to all for your input. And Alex, I hope I don't have to write to you separately unless it's to thank you for my showing up at the SJC dealer and they magically know who I am!

·
Registered
5 Posts
OK, I visited the closest dealer yesterday (now under 3rd ownership since I bought my first Caravan from them). They were very cordial and helpful in explaining to me that I would need to purchase new keys and have the vehicle reprogrammed to my settings. Keys are about $200 each and the programming 100 each time. WoW! an expense I didn't plan on. I didn't schedule right away as I thought I should research what others have done and if the keys I can buy online work at all and how well. The more pages I turn in the manual, the more I find I have but don't have access to! Anyone else out there deal with this? (a Keysense controlled vehicle, previously a rental) I sure hope so as this place seems to be my last resort. Thanks for all the previous entries, somebodies got to know how to fix this.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Who did you buy the vehicle from? I'd be all over them for not providing you with a vehicle that has full use of features. The rental company never should have sold it without that full function fob. They should reimburse you for the cost of new fobs.

Reactions: m0ebius604

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Touring L (9/2016 Build)
2,109 Posts
OK, I visited the closest dealer yesterday (now under 3rd ownership since I bought my first Caravan from them). They were very cordial and helpful in explaining to me that I would need to purchase new keys and have the vehicle reprogrammed to my settings. Keys are about $200 each and the programming 100 each time. WoW! an expense I didn't plan on. I didn't schedule right away as I thought I should research what others have done and if the keys I can buy online work at all and how well. The more pages I turn in the manual, the more I find I have but don't have access to! Anyone else out there deal with this? (a Keysense controlled vehicle, previously a rental) I sure hope so as this place seems to be my last resort. Thanks for all the previous entries, somebodies got to know how to fix this.
If you don't get any results from the dealer you purchased the van from there are a couple threads that you can read if you want an option of other than a dealer for getting replacement fobs and programming them there. Post #11 claims that some ACE hardware stores are able to program key fobs. Post #6 of the other thread mentions a problem with buying a key fob from someone other than the dealer. I suggest that you read all of both threads.

If you put your van info in the signature line of the account settings, it will show up at the bottom of your posts. Welcome to the forum.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts