2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

Β·
Registered
1,548 Posts
β€œInsignificance”
I can’t roll my eyes hard enough at your reply πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„
I seem to remember you telling @CANADAHYBRIDGUY "You need to just chill and let those of us who want to mod our vans do what we want."

Perhaps that would be appropriate advice for those who are suggesting that @Vysse might be wasting his time or money.

Β·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Touring L (9/2016 Build)
2,616 Posts
There are several circumstances where it would be desirable to have the lights off while the car is running.
Yes, besides drive-in movies, some people like to camp in their vans. Sometimes people have to wait for their carpool. It doesn't matter why they want the lights off.

There are many things people do to their vans that I wouldn't consider doing, but it is still interesting to know what can be done if desired.

Thanks to those who give helpful answers to questions asked.

Β·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
If you put on the parking brake you could shut off the running day lights or from the light settings you could also shut off the running day lights
Doesn't work that way with MY21+.

Β·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
Yes, besides drive-in movies, some people like to camp in their vans. Sometimes people have to wait for their carpool. It doesn't matter why they want the lights off.

There are many things people do to their vans that I wouldn't consider doing, but it is still interesting to know what can be done if desired.

Thanks to those who give helpful answers to questions asked.
I like to sit in my driveway sometimes to get work done while plugged in with climate running at night without lighting up my front yard alerting everyone driving by I am in my running vehicle. I also like not getting yelled at and dealing with rude inconsiderate people driving through Christmas light displays without light blasting out the front of my vehicle. (Happened December 2021) Drive-in movies are fun too without dealing with the light issue making people angry.

Reactions: SciTchr

Β·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
Set a timer for 25 minutes for we you put the car in on mode. Tap the ignition switch 3 times before the 30 minutes and the 30 minute timer resets.
Pushing the brake resets the timer too. That is what I do when parked.

Reactions: SciTchr

Β·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts

Β·
Registered
7 Posts
How can I turn off every single light and have my car running? Also how can I keep the car running longer than an hour?
Shoot, I can't even figure out how to turn the interior lights ON...lol. It's pitch black when we open the doors. Trying to get 5 dogs in the back in the dark is a bit of a challenge.

Β·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Touring L (9/2016 Build)
2,616 Posts
Shoot, I can't even figure out how to turn the interior lights ON...lol. It's pitch black when we open the doors. Trying to get 5 dogs in the back in the dark is a bit of a challenge.
Check the roller switches left of the steering wheel or the touchscreen U>settings>lights. You can download more extensive owner's manuals from the Mopar website.

Β·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
Check the roller switches left of the steering wheel or the touchscreen U>settings>lights. You can download more extensive owner's manuals from the Mopar website.
To add to this, it is the roller on the right side. Roll up until it locks into the on position to turn on all interior lights. Anything in the middle will adjust your instrument cluster and Uconenct brightness when the headlights are on and allow the interior lights to turn on when the doors are opened. Rolled all the way down into the locked position, this will prevent interior lights from turning on when doors are opened and make the displays the lowest brightness.

The roller on the left will adjust the night lighting for the interior door handles, window switches, center console LED, and rear passenger 4 LEDs lighting downward from the ceiling. At least in the Pinnacle trim, not sure about other trim levels if they have the passenger LEDs at night.

Reactions: Drjudyo and SciTchr

Β·
Registered
1,548 Posts
But he is wasting his time and money πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ
The same way someone might by throwing away $ on new wheels when the existing ones are perfectly serviceable, no doubt.

Β·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Yeah but I don’t want my van looking like every other one on the street so…. πŸ’πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ
And neither does @Vysse. He doesn't want the same signature lights as everyone else, so...πŸ’β€β™‚οΈ

21 - 40 of 42 Posts