2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a 2018 Pacifica Hybrid with 13,000 miles on it. While my van is parked in the garage and getting charged, I hear huge noise (may be engine noise) for a minute or two and then it stops. This happened multiple times since last couple of months. Not sure if that is Engine turning on automatically. Anyone have this problem and know what is the issue ? I am concerned with garage being closed and engine is coming on automatically.

Appreciate any help.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
That is weird. Did you check the exhaust when you hear the noise? That’ll easily tell if your engine is on or off. If engine remains on while everything is supposed to be turned off (unlikely situation though), you should return the car to dealership ASAP, call Chrysler to open a case and ask for a buyback if possible. There are a few threads about noise while charging (not engine turning on though) and I presume yours will be something similar. Good luck.

·
Registered
198 Posts
It's not the engine, it's the cooling system running while charging. There are several other threads about this, just look a few down from yours.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts