2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
I actually removed this cover before.

You need a small hook tool to reach around the plastic cover. You can't really depress the tabs, the plastic cover snaps over the metal tabs and needs to be "stretched" over. Then you can access the sensor itself. To remove the sensor itself, you will need to pry on the metal tabs of the sensor to remove it. It took me a few minutes to remove the first time.

FYI, I don't believe I have any codes active, but my HVAC in auto mode randomly kicks me out of recirc mode, and sometimes the recirc button just blinks and wont enable. This prevents the air from getting cold enough when it's really hot out. In manual AC mode it works normally. This seems to be a well documented problem with other dodge/chrysler/jeep products that use the exact same part.

I found that tapping on the sensor seems to make it work for a while. I will be replacing the sensor soon.

· Registered
14 Posts
Thanks, simo10. I am waiting on the new sensor and some pry tools to get to me before trying again. Just worried to put too much pressure on that small plastic cover - worried that I will damage the windshield.
I used a hook tool like this. Place it around the plastic cover right by the tab and pull out and down. Do one side at a time. You barely need to touch the windshield.
Liquid Orange Gas Musical instrument Cone

· Registered
14 Posts
Just to update this thread - I got the part from Autozone and the hook tool recommended by simo10 above and was able to get the sensor replaced. But no change in AC behavior. The light now stays on for recirculation but AC still blows hot. I may wait until late spring to have this looked at since it is mostly cold days here till probably mid to late April.
uh oh, hopefully you don't have the same problem I had when my AC suddenly stopped working. The Evaporator core was leaking and needed to be replaced which required the whole dash to be removed. I found a local shop that did it for a very reasonable $1600, the dealer would likely been $3000+++ Fingers crossed it's been fine for the time being.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts