2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our '17 Hybrid (~45k miles) has been at a dealership since mid-Nov after repeatedly stranding us with check engine light and refusal to shift in to drive plus "service charging system" messages. Fortunately we did not encounter this with the van in motion as others have, but we have been stranded with a bunch of kids in the car far away from home which has been inconvenient to say the least.

I am curious to see how our service experience compares to others'.

We brought the van to a dealership in mid-Nov, where it promptly died. They determined, early on, that the HV battery needed to be replaced, but Chrylser STAR required them to go through weeks of back and forth, and instead had them first replace the "on-board charging module". This did not resolve the problem. Finally, around the last few days of December, the replacement HV battery order was authorized by STAR; ETA was mid-Jan but it has still not arrived.

Have others gone through the same part replacement process? What are the typical turn-around times?

In the past I have been able to get a loaner from the dealer but no such luck this time. Chrysler has (verbally) offered $30-$40/day rental reimbursement but that of course does not cover a rental van these days. Have others had luck getting better coverage for rentals?

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
1,580 Posts
Have others gone through the same part replacement process? What are the typical turn-around times?
Unfortunately, there are no 'typical' turn around times these days when anything electronic is involved. The supply chain issues that have been caused by the chip shortages and Covid have thrown out any semblance of normal timelines.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's definitely true. I would be interested if there are any anecdotes of timeline/experience with the HV battery replacement though. At least in this forum, battery coolant heater replacement and PIM replacement seem to be much more prevalent.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts