2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 2 weeks ago I rushed out of work to make it to an appointment on an unusually warm day (~65F in Feb Cleveland Ohio) and as I jumped in my van (2017 Platinum Hybrid ~3000k miles) the dashboard lit up as I turned it on. In addition to the orange engine icon on the left the center dash screen showed "Service Charging System" alternating with "Check Plug Status Unplug Vehicle Before Driving". There was also an email sent to me about the charging ("Due to a vehicle condition, your 2017 CHRYSLER PACIFICA battery has stopped charging.") I found this interesting since the van hadn't been plugged in at my office surface lot, and put a call into my dealership while I drove away. While I was on hold about 8 miles down the freeway the messages disappeared and only the orange engine light remained. The dealer said they couldn't get me in for a week but that the car was fine to drive, I asked if I should stop using the charger and was told "yeah probably, unless it works then should be fine"....

Well when I got home after my appointment the orange engine light was off and I plugged into my level one at home and it charged to 100% no problem. Over the next week it was much colder again (~20-30sF) and every day when I exhausted the battery on my commute it would throw an "engine refresh" message up on the screen as the battery hit 0%. We ended up looking on these forums for similar problems and determined that there were possible issues with the computer, battery heater, or coolants, as the coolant was something we could look at we saw that it was significantly low and thought perhaps that was part of the problem.

Finally I took it in a week later and the dealer (Deacons in Mayfield OH) took very few notes of what I was saying was wrong and said they wouldn't look at it until the following day and then let me know what was going on. Thursday came and went without a call, on Friday at 4pm I got a call to come pick it up, when I asked what was wrong and what was fixed I was given an exasperated "I'll find your service person", who then told me they found possibly some loose pins, reconnected, then drove the 90 required miles (actually ended up over 110miles added to the van) and it didn't re-occur so the "Chrysler engineers said to give it back" I asked what about the coolant and he said there's nothing wrong, I asked if he looked and he responded, "the van has been inspected and is ready to be picked up, have a good day". I told him that it was over an hour out of my way to get there, and if I got all the way out there and found low coolant I was going to be very upset, could he look and I was told 'NO'. I drove out, and sure enough it was low, but as it was after 5pm, all the techs were gone for the day and the 'service advisers' just told me that it was low because it had been outside and was sitting in the tubes (but why that would apply to only 1 of the 3 reservoirs they couldn't answer). They told me they had to take the rental car back so I had to take back my van. (And when we're talking about poor customer service they then stood there without any offer of help as I had to transfer back my toddlers' car seat and all other things back to the van same as I had van-to-rental 2 days prior all by myself (PS I'm currently 8+ months pregnant!)). In addition they did not refill the quarter+ tank of gas they used 'testing' for a problem to reoccur, nor did they charge it up when they told me to come get it! But told me that I was required to have the 12mpg rental back at 'full' when I brought it back in.

I've now examined and taken photos of the coolant after driving on hybrid, after driving on battery only, and after sitting (in a warm garage and in cold parking lots and its always low). In addition our battery has never really gone above 25 miles per charge regardless of city vs highway driving and we assumed that it was just a factor of living in Cleveland and taking delivery in December when it's been rather cold, but now I'm wondering if there's something else, as the other odd thing with our battery is that it charges much faster than it should. (I get home from work around 6pm with 0% battery due to a ~35 mile round trip commute, and plug it in to our level 1 in the garage, then most days it emails me that it's charged around 3:30-4:00am.... which is significantly less time than I would expect for a full charge.)

Since the dealership is worthless and not offering any help I thought I would turn to here to see if anyone had any ideas (besides finding a new dealership!)

Here's some photos I took, and the details of the "service work":

From the service receipt:
" Customer states the check engine light comes on
Scan for faults stored U11c5-00 and pending P1A0F. No tsbs or cases. All ECUs up to date Perform diagnostic testing erase fault didnt comeback. Perform power down procedure. Lift Vehicle, remove shields. Check BPCM connectors for loose pins or loose connectors. reconnect bpcm and reinstall shields. Power up vehicle and charge complete. Roadtest several times on several occasions didn't happen again."

·
Registered
4 Posts
After about 6 weeks in a colder garage not plugged in and discharged, we got the service charging system the next day after charging all night and then travelling a bit. (and then just the check engine light). I pulled the error codes and then cleared. U11C5 and U11F8. No reoccurance. I keep an obd reader in the car because about a year ago we were stranded by a check engine and wouldn't start/run condition. They cleared the check engine light and it was fine. I asked them what the error code was as and, so help me, they said they didn't remember. I suggest keeping a reader and always call ahead and ask if the Chrysler dealer can service a hybrid(would have saved us a tow :). We love the car, bought another 2020 in Florida. Does anybody know what these codes mean? I couldn't find them online, and since I never got a reoccurance so far, I cancelled my service appointment. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
After about 6 weeks in a colder garage not plugged in and discharged, we got the service charging system the next day after charging all night and then travelling a bit. (and then just the check engine light). I pulled the error codes and then cleared. U11C5 and U11F8. No reoccurance. I keep an obd reader in the car because about a year ago we were stranded by a check engine and wouldn't start/run condition. They cleared the check engine light and it was fine. I asked them what the error code was as and, so help me, they said they didn't remember. I suggest keeping a reader and always call ahead and ask if the Chrysler dealer can service a hybrid(would have saved us a tow :). We love the car, bought another 2020 in Florida. Does anybody know what these codes mean? I couldn't find them online, and since I never got a reoccurance so far, I cancelled my service appointment. Thanks
Hey Erwin,

We are terribly sorry to hear of your concerns and understand the frustration this has caused. If you would like additional assistance, please contact us privately to discuss this further!

Alex
Chrysler Cares

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Erwin,

We are terribly sorry to hear of your concerns and understand the frustration this has caused. If you would like additional assistance, please contact us privately to discuss this further!

Alex
Chrysler Cares
Hi Alex,

I'm not really frustrated, I love my Pacifica PHEVs. I was just curious what the check engine codes indicated. I couldn't find them with my Google searches. I normally can find these codes online for other cars(ie loose gas cap emission fault and such).

If this isn't a private reply, please help me figure out how to make private contact. The codes were U11C5 and U11F8. My Caista app describes them as manufacturer specific.

They are long gone now.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Hi Alex,

I'm not really frustrated, I love my Pacifica PHEVs. I was just curious what the check engine codes indicated. I couldn't find them with my Google searches. I normally can find these codes online for other cars(ie loose gas cap emission fault and such).

If this isn't a private reply, please help me figure out how to make private contact. The codes were U11C5 and U11F8. My Caista app describes them as manufacturer specific.

They are long gone now.

Thanks for your help.
Thanks for clarifying, Erwin. If you start to experience concerns again, please feel free to follow up via private message by clicking on "message" @ChryslerCares. You can do this by clicking on the @ChryslerCares letters.

Alex
Chrysler Cares

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Hi Alex,

They are long gone now.

Thanks for your help.
Heres whats available about your codes.. without the diagnostic steps.

I’ve seen this before, If I remember correctly, I think these faults set when the vehicle sleeps on a downed charger pilot line.. ie: doesnt see its connected to a charger and the OBCM sleeps before the BCPM due to inactivity.. i think they even clear themselves after a normal charge or two.

i wouldnt worry about this unless its a re-occuring or permanent thing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts