2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see a $1500 difference on the Pacifica Hybrid Limited between the online build price and the dealer is quoting.
Is this the same for others too?
Or should I shop around?

Remaining options price matches except the manual mirror credit of $73.

ONLINE:

Font Rectangle Screenshot Brand Parallel

DEALER gave:
Rectangle Font Magenta Art Brand

·
Registered
2021 Hybrid Limited "S"
280 Posts
Price increases

The dealer's price will be the accurate one, not the online builder, and will be consistent from dealer to dealer (unless another price increase happens).
The final selling price/deal (not MSRP) could vary from dealer to dealer though

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Price increases

The dealer's price will be the accurate one, not the online builder, and will be consistent from dealer to dealer (unless another price increase happens).
The final selling price/deal (not MSRP) could vary from dealer to dealer though
Online price used to show 54000 before a month or two when I checked. It has been reduced to 52500. So, I was wondering if there is any change/ drop.

·
Registered
2021 Hybrid Limited "S"
280 Posts
Online price used to show 54000 before a month or two when I checked. It has been reduced to 52500. So, I was wondering if there is any change/ drop.
I would HIGHLY doubt there was a price drop, lol

Call or check with another dealer then, and see if they get the same price if you really want to be sure.

But this other thread had the same EXACT discussion about that $1500 discrepancy:

·
Registered
4 Posts
There is a configuration preview sheet the dealer can send you that shows the pricing. I recently ordered and the Chrysler website does not reflect the current MSRP pricing on 22 Pacificas. MSRPs have been steadily increasing over the last year on many vehicles. The Hybrid Limited MSRP is $54k:

Font Rectangle Magenta Brand Paper product

·
Registered
404 Posts
I suppose the price could drop because of options being pulled from a group. Like a group of options are temporarily called a Touring Level 2 Package but gets broken down into a Premium Lighting package (LEDs all around), a Convenience package (USB Port flood and power sliding doors) , and now has two different audio/entertainment groups available where only a 13 speaker package was in the Level 2 package but now standard in a Touring Level 1 package. The Touring Level 2 lost 3 particular features but you still selected it when you built the van the same?
I have been able to build cheaper vehicles if you pay attention to overlapping groups where the same item is in both. Effectively wasting money. Ordering a van is like making a puzzle that changes over time. As time passes groups can get broken up so the items can be selected separately. I play around testing and mixing groups to see what spread of options you can get for what price and what single item is missing and is only found in a group.
I had this issue with a Grand Caravan a few years ago. For a month if you wanted heated seats and the remote start they were embedded in a Electronics Group only. To get a simple remote start I had to also order power sliding doors. Making what could be a $750 option now cost $4000. Therefore I had a few vans with no remote start. It sucked. I think the temp and compass gauges were part of the option and THAT was a deal killer for some sales. A month later it becomes a Power-Entry group and a Cold Weather group is now selectable. A new code-guide for that model will be issued.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I suppose the price could drop because of options being pulled from a group. Like a group of options are temporarily called a Touring Level 2 Package but gets broken down into a Premium Lighting package (LEDs all around), a Convenience package (USB Port flood and power sliding doors) , and now has two different audio/entertainment groups available where only a 13 speaker package was in the Level 2 package but now standard in a Touring Level 1 package. The Touring Level 2 lost 3 particular features but you still selected it when you built the van the same?
I have been able to build cheaper vehicles if you pay attention to overlapping groups where the same item is in both. Effectively wasting money. Ordering a van is like making a puzzle that changes over time. As time passes groups can get broken up so the items can be selected separately. I play around testing and mixing groups to see what spread of options you can get for what price and what single item is missing and is only found in a group.
I had this issue with a Grand Caravan a few years ago. For a month if you wanted heated seats and the remote start they were embedded in a Electronics Group only. To get a simple remote start I had to also order power sliding doors. Making what could be a $750 option now cost $4000. Therefore I had a few vans with no remote start. It sucked. I think the temp and compass gauges were part of the option and THAT was a deal killer for some sales. A month later it becomes a Power-Entry group and a Cold Weather group is now selectable. A new code-guide for that model will be issued.
That is interesting. The dealer mentioned that we cannot select individual options except the whole packages. And the pacifica has limited packages, no levels in those.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
That is interesting. The dealer mentioned that we cannot select individual options except the whole packages. And the pacifica has limited packages, no levels in those.
Unfortunately when you do place the real dealer prefer some groups are going to have to with ordered with other specific options , some options might be on hold , unavailable at the time of ordering or pulled all together . Realistically you won’t know until your order is placed at the dealership level .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts