2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So wondering if anyone else is experiencing delays on a factory order for a hybrid Pacifica. I placed an order on 6/11/19 after not being able to source an appealing color combo with a sunroof. At the time that I ordered, they advised 6-8 weeks. It has now been more than 12 weeks. Further my order was for a 2019 and they ended up ordering me a 2020 (without discussing or confirming with me) which will likely screw up available incentives when I take delivery (if it ever comes). Having now become a frequent caller to customer service and the dealer, best intel I can gather lists it as having been in F status (paint) since 8/20 (??). Nobody seems to be able to provide any estimate for when I should expect delivery. Frustrating as I ordered the car 6 weeks before the end of a lease and have been stuck renting a car for over a month. Thoughts? Suggestions? Is this normal?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Don't know for sure, but everything I've heard from the dealers to which I've spoken and read on here suggests that the sunroof is the delaying factor for you. Also, your order date was probably an issue. By the time I tried to order a '19 in July, ordering was suspended and my order needed to be a '20. I recently placed my order and ultimately went without the sunroof to ensure delivery within the typical 8-12 week window. Dealers in Illinois and Maryland all told me I'd have to wait until at least October before a sunroof could successfully be added. In my opinion, that's where your issue is.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't know for sure, but everything I've heard from the dealers to which I've spoken and read on here suggests that the sunroof is the delaying factor for you. Also, your order date was probably an issue. By the time I tried to order a '19 in July, ordering was suspended and my order needed to be a '20. I recently placed my order and ultimately went without the sunroof to ensure delivery within the typical 8-12 week window. Dealers in Illinois and Maryland all told me I'd have to wait until at least October before a sunroof could successfully be added. In my opinion, that's where your issue is.
The order date definitely triggered the 2020 model just disappointed that no one confirmed with me that the change would be ok with me considering it has financial impact. Also frustrated that no one anywhere along the line has any answer as to why it has been in paint status for 3+ weeks. It blows my mind how poorly they are able to estimate track order builds.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wishing I would have found this forum a month ago. We tried to order a PacHy over Labor Day weekend, and six dealers in the Twin Cities gave us various excuses about not being able to actually place an order. We finally found one who would do it, but it's been a month and still no VIN. They also never mentioned anything about the sunroof, so as far as we know, we ordered a 2020 Limited 35th Anny with AST and the sunroof. Getting nervous now that we may not have the car delivered by 12/31 so we can get the tax benefits for 2019.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hopefully, for your sake, the major delays have been getting the 2020s into production. That said, mine has been in paint status since August and nobody at the dealer or Chrysler can figure out why or make any guesses as to when it will wrap up and be released for delivery.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Wishing I would have found this forum a month ago. We tried to order a PacHy over Labor Day weekend, and six dealers in the Twin Cities gave us various excuses about not being able to actually place an order. We finally found one who would do it, but it's been a month and still no VIN. They also never mentioned anything about the sunroof, so as far as we know, we ordered a 2020 Limited 35th Anny with AST and the sunroof. Getting nervous now that we may not have the car delivered by 12/31 so we can get the tax benefits for 2019.
Just in case: are you relying on the dealer for a VIN? My dealer, as nice as they seem, still hasn't (as promised) contacted me with my VIN, despite its having been issued a couple weeks ago. If you haven't already, call 800-334-9200 and follow the prompts until you're talking to a Chrysler Cares human. Give him/her your vehicle order number (VON) and they should be able to track your vehicle. Do report back on what you hear; if you still don't have a VIN, then the sunroof is confirmed as an issue. Disregard if you've already spoken with Chrysler Cares and even THEY couldn't give you a VIN.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just in case: are you relying on the dealer for a VIN? My dealer, as nice as they seem, still hasn't (as promised) contacted me with my VIN, despite its having been issued a couple weeks ago. If you haven't already, call 800-334-9200 and follow the prompts until you're talking to a Chrysler Cares human. Give him/her your vehicle order number (VON) and they should be able to track your vehicle. Do report back on what you hear; if you still don't have a VIN, then the sunroof is confirmed as an issue. Disregard if you've already spoken with Chrysler Cares and even THEY couldn't give you a VIN.
I called the dealer again this morning and imagine that - I have a VIN, they just weren't checking on it for me like they had promised. I'm in D status, hopefully I get scheduled for production soon!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2020 Limited S Hybrid on order since 7/29/19 and it finally shows E status as of today. I have talked to a person that does scheduling at the production plants and was told there was a two month restriction for the hybrid batteries as they were all allotted to China production and no US vehicle were able to build with them for September and October. Mine shows an estimated shipping date of 11/14/19 in the FCA Vehicle Inquiry - Vehicle Info system. Lucky for me I can access this at work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts