2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Y'all
am looking to buy a chrysler pacifica.. what do you guys tell me the fuel efficient is what motivates me.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Hello Y'all
am looking to buy a chrysler pacifica.. what do you guys tell me the fuel efficient is what motivates me.
You can compare the fuel efficiency of minivans online. For my gas Pacifica, in the city I get about 15-18 mpg, for highway I get 26-30 mpg. Your results will vary with where and how you drive. For hybrids, there are many threads you can check using the "search community" forum feature to understand the "real life" gas/electric efficiency.
Here are a couple of threads you can read. There are probably others.

·
Registered
304 Posts
My experiences are similar to SciTchr

·
Registered
506 Posts
This is not a fuel efficient vehicle lol.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Yea, city driving is terrible. That's why they invented the HyPac. But overall, I'm satisfied with its mpg. At least Chrysler didn't have to resort to using odd ball tricks like VCM to try and improve mpg. Even with VCM and a 10speed auto, the Odyssey gets not better gas milage than the GasPac.

·
Registered
263 Posts
The hybrid is a very fuel efficient vehicle given its size, I think. I haven't seen any similarly sized vehicle, minivan or SUV, that can compete.

·
Registered
119 Posts
You need to ask yourself what your needs truly are. We needed the towing package and 8th seat and the StowNgo. The hybrid gives up the stowngo seats. The hybrid would be great if most of your driving is short distance around town. Less than 20 to 30 miles a day and you will never use gasoline, making the fuel efficiency amazing.

Most of our driving is longer distances. But when we are in the city our mileage is about 17 to 18 most of the time. Highway is easy to achieve 28+.

The van gets great fuel economy for the size. I like that it doesn’t have direct injection also. That system is problematic across many brands.

I realize many people have had reliability challenges with their 2017MY. Ours is 2017 and has been rock solid. Very few issues and those were minor. It’s been a great vehicle. When we get 150,000 miles on it, we will trade for the new AWD model.

I think the Odyssey isn’t any better for MPG. In fact the Pacifica is the best overall because you have the choice of standard gasoline or hybrid and now AWD.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
The hybrid is a very fuel efficient vehicle given its size, I think. I haven't seen any similarly sized vehicle, minivan or SUV, that can compete.
Hi lutorm,

We appreciate your feedback. We will be sure to share this with our Brand teams! If you ever have vehicle questions, please feel free to follow up privately!

Alex
Chrysler Cares

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2018 Touring LX and gas mileage with mix of city and highway is in range 23-26 day in and day out and a long trip on highway can eek out 30+ consistently.

This is my 6th Chrysler minivan and I am very pleased with it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have an 2018 LX and shockingly get up to 33 MPG on the highway. That is as good or better as my wives compact KIA Forte5 which is rated at 33 MPG gets. In town isn't as good, mayde closer to 20 MPG. I live in a small town of 10K and basically have to stop every few blocks, so I generally get less than EPA city ratings in my town. I am blown away by the highway mileage. Much better than my Buick Rendezvous which was a very similar configuration. Also, I will add that I have had zero problems in the first 18 months.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello Y'all
I bought a 2018 hybrid in Feb 2019. Got about 13,000 miles on it No issues. Gas mileage is very good. If I drive slowly (60 -65) in traffic on rt 95 around the D.C./Baltimore area I have gotten 36 mpg on a 60 mile trip more than once. If I travel at more normal highway speeds, up to 75, mileage drops to 33 mpg or a bit less. Depends on hills and stuff. I get almost 500 miles per fill up, counting my 30 miles on the battery. I drive from Baltimore up to MA, 400 miles, with plenty of gas left over. High speed in this big van cuts down your mileage. The hybrid performs as claimed EXCEPT in cold weather, when you spend a lot of your battery charge heating up the car in the morning. I don't do a lot of in town driving.
I love mind.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Y'all
I purchased my 2017 in Dec. ‘16. I now have 44k miles. Although I have had some electronic issues, I have been pleasantly surprised with the fuel efficiency. We travel with two dogs and do not know how to pack, so we just load up and go. I avg. around 23mpg around town and 30mpg highway. We live in Myrtle Beach and travel to Va. often to visit family. I love the vehicle. It is very easy driving and is quiet and comfortable.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts