2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my new van day I also picked up a 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee!

The short story is my wife's Audi is coming off lease in February and we have been debating on what she wanted next. I found this 2019 Grand Cherokee at my dealer and it is an absolute knockout!

It has the High Altitude package with gives it the slate gray wheels and trim with an all black interior. I test drove it after picking up the Pacifica and took it home for my wife to test drive. She liked it but still was unsure as she was considering a BMW. I pointed out all of the conveniences and ease of use that it has - a near replica of my Pacfica features. The exterior is what really convinced her!
My dealer made me a super sweet deal and I did a 2 for 2 vehicle swap on the same day!

I love driving it and I am super impressed by it thus far. Of course since it has the Uconnect and Advanced Safety packages it is very familiar like my Pacifica. I think I am most impressed by the quiet and composed ride - very refined! No Hemi - has the V6 Pentastar and it moves it just fine!

I installed the OEM All Weather mats and cargo mat and they look great as well. Hard to believe it but we are an all FCA family after never owning any just two years ago.

Happy to answer questions if you have any!
Thanks, John

Attachments

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
I'm a SUV hater, but congratulations nevertheless! What other parts look familiar? I noticed that FCA is not shy about reusing the cosmetic parts across the entire product line. From the fog lights to the switchgear they don't bother to change the design.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Two cool features I wish my Pacifica had:
1. Power tilt/telescope wheel - linked to a memory setting. It also has the ease of access so it moves along with the seat when you turn off/on the vehicle. Pacifica only does the seat.
2. Mirrors power fold on locking/unlocking the vehicle. I really wish my Pacifica did this as I do this manually now instead of automatically at lock/unlock.

One feature it does not have is the 'kick to open' rear hatch like my Pacifica.:grin2:

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It seems nearly all of the switch gear is the same which I like! I too am not a fan of driving an SUV - vans are for me but it is a nice ride and she will love it!
I also like the equipment is the same - 8.4 Uconnect and all of the Safety tech so it is an easy transition to show her how it all works since I already know it - from phone set up to radio favorites to all of the personalization options on the displays. It just all works so well! She also picks up the Uconnect App for the remote start and send & go as a huge lift from her Audi. Forgot to mention heated steering wheel, ventilated seats, heated rear seats, etc. She is getting a ton more features for not much more money compared to the Audi.

·
Registered
920 Posts
It seems nearly all of the switch gear is the same which I like! I too am not a fan of driving an SUV - vans are for me but it is a nice ride and she will love it!
I also like the equipment is the same - 8.4 Uconnect and all of the Safety tech so it is an easy transition to show her how it all works since I already know it - from phone set up to radio favorites to all of the personalization options on the displays. It just all works so well! She also picks up the Uconnect App for the remote start and send & go as a huge lift from her Audi. Forgot to mention heated steering wheel, ventilated seats, heated rear seats, etc. She is getting a ton more features for not much more money compared to the Audi.
That is true about so many of the features being the same or similar within the brand. When we had a Chrysler 300 rental for warranty work recently my wife and I could get in and feel somewhat at home. Hope you and your wife continue to enjoy your new jeep. :smile2:

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Congratulations on being an all FCA family. Glad the perceptions of Chrysler as an unreliable brand is changing.
You’ve been leasing cars for how long...? That’s too frequent car changes for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Two years ago I tried out my first FCA product 2 years ago - my Pacifica. My experience was so positive that I elected to get another Pacifica and now a Jeep Grand Cherokee!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can anyone recommend a seat cover for the rear seat of my Grand Cherokee? My son is out of his booster seat and I wanted to have a cover on for all of the food & stuff he might spill.
Thanks, John

·
Registered
953 Posts
Can anyone recommend a seat cover for the rear seat of my Grand Cherokee? My son is out of his booster seat and I wanted to have a cover on for all of the food & stuff he might spill.
Thanks, John
For a son just out of his booster seat, maybe this 0:)

·
Registered
315 Posts
I'm a SUV hater, but congratulations nevertheless! What other parts look familiar? I noticed that FCA is not shy about reusing the cosmetic parts across the entire product line. From the fog lights to the switchgear they don't bother to change the design.
I'm another Ass-U-V hater. All of them, because of rear-wheel drive, have very high floors compared to Pacifica. Big on the outside and small on the inside is not my idea of sensible, but if you WANT and ASS-U-V for whatever reason, Jeep is the original and has stayed ahead of the competition, IMO, just as Chrysler with the mini-van.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm another Ass-U-V hater. All of them, because of rear-wheel drive, have very high floors compared to Pacifica. Big on the outside and small on the inside is not my idea of sensible, but if you WANT and ASS-U-V for whatever reason, Jeep is the original and has stayed ahead of the competition, IMO, just as Chrysler with the mini-van.
So....Thank you I guess....:wink2:

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wifey still loving her Grand Cherokee. She really moved up in terms of features and functions. Funny story: I went to open the hatch and tried to use my foot kick like I do in my Pacifica and stood there for a minute waiting for it to open! But it does not have that feature...funny how you get used to having a feature on a vehicle...
John

·
Registered
97 Posts
Wifey still loving her Grand Cherokee. She really moved up in terms of features and functions. Funny story: I went to open the hatch and tried to use my foot kick like I do in my Pacifica and stood there for a minute waiting for it to open! But it does not have that feature...funny how you get used to having a feature on a vehicle...
John
It's like going back and forth from the Pacifica to my Mazda3 with a manual transmission. In the Mazda3, I'm trying to rotate the shifter <J/K> and in the Pacifica I'm pressing on the nonexistent clutch pedal.

·
Registered
91 Posts
It's like going back and forth from the Pacifica to my Mazda3 with a manual transmission. In the Mazda3, I'm trying to rotate the shifter <J/K> and in the Pacifica I'm pressing on the nonexistent clutch pedal.
The best is when you go to press the clutch pedal and instead hit the brake pedal...

·
Registered
953 Posts
The best is when you go to press the clutch pedal and instead hit the brake pedal...
Yes, it makes the shift from 2nd to 3rd quite entertaining for drivers behind you. :surprise:

·
Registered
10 Posts
We went from a 2014 Grad Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel to the 2018 Pacifica Limited S and you are so right about the dash being familiar. I miss the Grand Cherokee's air ride and Turbo Diesel. At least the Pacifica is feature rich (ours is LOADED). Won't be able to tow the boat with the van either so we'll have to keep the F350.
The Hammer

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I do love that the GC will auto fold the mirror with each lock/unlock. Bums me out to not have that in my Pacifica. I remember to push the button to fold/unfold them each time I enter/exit.
John

1 - 19 of 19 Posts