2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
UPDATE
Hey guys thanks for your all concerned, Yes before I set an appointment to inspect I decide to run a VIN Check and purchased the car report from this site: Detailed Vehicle History Report For any Vehicle - 100% Accurate (CHEAP if you guys are thinking of getting car report I highly recommended), it mentioned it has Flood damage!! So yes forget about it, thanks to you guys for your helpful comments, anyone here ever buy a salvage title vehicle? Share your story.

Here is the car report: https://app.detailedvehiclehistory.com/report/vin/2C4RC1BG3JR322475

Hey Chrysler Pacifica team! Hope you all are doing well, thanks for having me here, straight to the topic, I'm interested in owning a 2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring, This car has a SALVAGE TITLE! here in my location, before ending the deal, I really want to make sure that I'm getting a good reliable car for what I pay, I want to know that what I should be looking for when purchasing this Pacifica, anything to take into consideration, what to look for or any suggestion you guys have, please share it with me,

Some things that I will be looking out for during my inspection day:
noises in the engine
check transmission for slips jolts etc
verify all electrics / features / lights,
coolant or oil leaks
They are asking for the price of $19,500 and it has 41000 Miles with a Salvage Title. Is it worth it or not?

If you guys have any suggestions on what to look at.
thanks
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Cloud Car

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Car Vehicle Mirror Plant Motor vehicle

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Hey guys thanks for your all concerned, Yes before I set an appointment to inspect I decide to run a VIN Check and purchased the car report from this site: Detailed Vehicle History Report For any Vehicle - 100% Accurate (CHEAP if you guys are thinking of getting car report I highly recommended), it mentioned it has Flood damage!! So yes forget about it, thanks to you guys for your helpful comments, anyone here ever buy a salvage title vehicle? Share your story.

Here is the car report: https://app.detailedvehiclehistory.com/report/vin/2C4RC1BG3JR322475

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
lt was 2010, we puechased a 2006 RAM diesel crew cab, from Gibson truck world in fl
they showed us a car fax, Hubby loved this truck, he had inspected it , crawled underneath it
but missed the spliced wires, it Was beautiful, but I wondered why, a perfect paint, and pitted grill?
I had told hubby, no more than $20,000 cash for a truck, Gibson. Told hubby, just finance $5,000, on top of your cash and drive it home, they took his drivers license, our insurance that had both our names on it, we drove it home.

‘’on the way home, the one headlight blinked on and off…next day , Hubby took this truck apart, found painters tape, spliced wire harness, new manual tranny, used to be automatic
the truck computer was for automatic, we had it replaced $1500.00…
wire issue could not be repaired…

i called Gibson, next thing, this guy is trying to repo the truck, I started to call 911, said I wanted my $20,000 and $1500, first and he could take it otherwise the police are coming…
after he saw my bill of sale and receipt he decided to leave, they had hired him to steal our truck because I was talking to the state AG.
I still have the letters from their attorney

they stated we didn’t have insurance, turns out the state didn’t have my hubbies DL #
he was in va hospital when I changed insurance, they had his name, but i didn’t have his
DL number at the time, I called later and gave it to them, he was still on the insurance card
gibson truck world said they had to repo because of insurance….thank you

only way to get out of it, they brought us a check for $20,000. Never paid us the $1500
my mistake was we didn’t save the damaged computer.
I still have bill of sale carfax notes, video etc etc…
and still Dealers dump and buy crap from auctions, right now repair shops have cars they would never work on

i know this is long, this part matters..

this truck was from OK, it was one year old at the time floods in every county, I found silt as high as the windows, the injectors were changed 4 times, finally, Cummins rebuilt the engine,
dodge gave me a lot of info, a fork had floated and was stuck on top of vin number…i could go on and on…. I used car fax, and traced and tracked this truck, it went from one state to another, going from auction to auction, finally salvage was removed from title
it’s called ‘title washing” the last auction happened to be very close to carfax…hmmm

Most of our flood cars end up in places like Belize, they charge big bucks for them and
stick, other countries with our problems, sick right?
Woah, That's crazy story! I never want to experience this! thanks for sharing your experience.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts