2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
S Package, advanced Safety, Moonroof, Keysense.
I have been chomping at the bit to get one. I think we won't be seeing these discounts on a 21 and who knows how long the $7500 tax credit will last.
I traded in my 71,000 mile 2017 ICE Limited Billet Silver with Black/Diesel/Black

Now I'm going through all the manuals trying to figure out the changes.

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Limited, Ocean Blue w/ Mocha interior, AST, Tri-panoroof, UTheater
104 Posts
Congratulations! You've probably already noticed the biggest change... the quiet when running on battery. That, and some of the features of the ICE Limited are not on the Hybrid (power folding 3rd row, auto-dimming side mirrors, no HID headlamps, etc.), but then Hybrid Limiteds automatically get the seatback UConnect Theater screens, and on the very recent 2020 models... fewer electrical glitches and recalls.

Oh yeah, and crazy-good MPG if you charge it regularly. :p

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ll never use the theatre screens. Grandchildren ride infrequently, especially since Covid. I’ll miss the HIDvlights but I don’t drive at night as much as I did three years ago. I didn’t know the side mirrors dimmed but that is a night thing too, I guess.
‘I’ve only stowed the second row seats once, to see how, so I won’t miss that. The third row is pretty easy to raise manually.
On the ride home I noticed the quiet and how much smoother the transmission is.

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Limited. Luxury White Pearl - SafetyTec - UConnect Theater & Sound - Sun Roof
40 Posts
Congratulations. We purchased one a little over two months ago. We drove 3000+ miles to take my son to school, 22 hours straight through. We wanted to avoid covid exposure on the way there, so we didn't stop at a hotel. It worked quite well. We got about 26 to 28mpg, depending on who was driving. So far I'm quite happy with it. That said, it looks at me forlornly in the driveway, as I only take it about about every two weeks for grocery shopping.

Most of the time mine will have the second row out. It was born a van but thinks its a truck.

I have no use for the theater screens. They came with the deal. Meh.

I didn't know about dimming side mirrors. That would be nice. I didn't like the tilting option when backing up, but now I have gotten used to it. Backing up via the camera is a new world for me. I had my last car 20 years. This was a big update!

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid
114 Posts
I think it was on here, where someone said something like "Do not test drive a Pac Hybrid, unless you are ready to buy." I was just going to test drive one, and see how the numbers came out with the trade in. I wanted a long test drive, so I could try it in the electric mode, and the hybrid. The test drive sold me, and the numbers with trading in my 2017 gas Pac that I bought last fall, was just under $20K, and the $7500 federal, and $5000 state made it a super deal.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
$5000 from the state would be sweet but alas, I’m in Illinois. I don’t have a level 2 charger but think I can get by on the 1.
Driving the new van home yesterday, we used all of the battery pack. The transition to gas was not noticeable

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Limited. Luxury White Pearl - SafetyTec - UConnect Theater & Sound - Sun Roof
40 Posts
You can disable the tilting outside mirrors. It’s in settings.
I enabled them on purpose. It just took some getting used to. Now I like them.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was playing around with Apple Car Play this morning. It will take some getting used to. It looks like I have to be plugged into the dashboard USB port to get it to work. Usually my phone is plugged into the lower USB port and an Ipod touch was plugged in the dash for playing ITunes files.
I like that I can use Google maps as well as the built in NAV. There were times in my 17 that the NAV was way off base.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I’m still going through my EV Learning curve. I added several apps to my iPhone “UConnect, Chrysler Owner, ChargePoint, PugShare, ChargeHub,
Charging at home on level 1 gets me fully charged. If I can find free level 2 charging I’ll probably use it but doubt that I’ll interrupt a long road trip to take 2 hours for 30 miles.
I read something about getting an additional $1000 federal tax credit for installing a level 2 charger. Is this true? I’m in Illinois so there are no state incentives.
If I get a level 2, I’ll want to get something I could use for an all electric vehicle ie: Tesla, Chrysler Portal etc, in the future.

It looks like I won’t bother with XM Guardian.

will I need some kind of form to claim the $7500 Federal tax credit?

·
Registered
289 Posts
I’m still going through my EV Learning curve. I added several apps to my iPhone “UConnect, Chrysler Owner, ChargePoint, PugShare, ChargeHub,
Charging at home on level 1 gets me fully charged. If I can find free level 2 charging I’ll probably use it but doubt that I’ll interrupt a long road trip to take 2 hours for 30 miles.
I read something about getting an additional $1000 federal tax credit for installing a level 2 charger. Is this true? I’m in Illinois so there are no state incentives.
If I get a level 2, I’ll want to get something I could use for an all electric vehicle ie: Tesla, Chrysler Portal etc, in the future.

It looks like I won’t bother with XM Guardian.

will I need some kind of form to claim the $7500 Federal tax credit?
For the EVSE tax credit, it's form 8911. For the $7,500 tax credit, it's form 8936.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The level two charger is box you install at your house. It needs a 220v circuit to supply the car. It will have the same style plug that your 110v level 1 has. Inside the box there is a relay turns the power on and off, and a little computer that tells the car how much power it can supply.

Our electric company here in Austin Tx has a $30/month flat rate charging plan. The plan also gives you free access to charging points around the city. It does not make sense for my situation because I work from home. If I commuted I would do it.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
In our area, electric rates do not go lower at night, so having a timer wouldn’t lower charging costs. I’m retired, I can leave it plugged in for 14+ hours

·
Registered
40 Posts
In our area, electric rates do not go lower at night, so having a timer wouldn’t lower charging costs. I’m retired, I can leave it plugged in for 14+ hours
Similar here. I have a level 2 charger, but I've not installed it yet. With Covid I just don't drive enough to make it a priority right now. Eventually I'll install it for those multiple Lowes trip days. :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
The built-in nav system pronounces some things just wrong. Like NE 8th Street, it will actually say "Nebraska" in place of NE and say the letters "T" "H" after eight, instead of saying "eighth"

Turn left at Nebraska Eight T H Street. very confusing.

·
Registered
393 Posts
For the EVSE tax credit, it's form 8911. For the $7,500 tax credit, it's form 8936.
Just think twice about using the free-to-file IRS software if you’re submitting the 8936. Line 13 on Schedule 3 is janky; doesn’t let you input the 8936 form number. I recommend submitting paper forms or using TurboTax, which I assume gets it right. May not be the only reason (hello, COVID), but it’s mid-September and I’ll still haven’t gotten my refund (and PacHy tax credit along with it), despite filing online in early March!

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
481 Posts
The built-in nav system pronounces some things just wrong. Like NE 8th Street, it will actually say "Nebraska" in place of NE and say the letters "T" "H" after eight, instead of saying "eighth"

Turn left at Nebraska Eight T H Street. very confusing.
It is not just the Pacifica's nav system that has these quirks. My stand alone TomTom unit has some strange pronunciations. It is good for a few laughs on some of our trips.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts