2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
My name is Alex, i live in Sweden and I have a Chrysler Pacifica 2018 adapted by braunability. I have what we think a major problem. And I am in a hurry because I have now got the right to order a new Chrysler.

The car starts with several lamps on and some blinking, We can´t shift gears, if you turn right some failures come up. EPS Stability Control, ABS brakes and the rear back camera all stops to work.

We get these codes on our OBD-II

U1110, DTC definition not found! Please refer to vehicle service manual !

U1120, DTC definition not found! Please refer to vehicle service manual !

U0140, Lost communication with body control module

U0121, Lost communication with Anti-Lock brake system (ABS) Control module

U11BC, DTC definition not found! Please refer to vehicle service manual !

We really need help. We have switched all battery’s and checked the cables and connectors.

Kindest regards

Alex

·
Premium Member
2018 Pacifica Touring L+
1,117 Posts
Even so, it would be good to hook the main battery up to a charger. Newer vehicles require almost a full charge or else all sorts of unpleasant random things start happening.

Also, one of your best investments is a battery tender. My wife and I are retired and some days one or the other Pacifica is not driven, so at least once a month I'll hook them up to our battery tender. Healthy batteries equal healthy Pacifica!

Reactions: Thundering Banshee

·
Registered
805 Posts
Was any work done on the car? Sounds like a connector is disconnected or loose - "Lost communication...."

·
Administrator
2,666 Posts
Multiple seemingly unrelated failure codes are often caused by 12V supply problems, and modern cars are particularly sensitive to them.
I also recommend AlfaOBD Android app, it can decode the proprietary codes.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Touring L
104 Posts
We have done everything of the suggestions accept AlfaOBD, hmm we only have apple at home.
The car is adapted by braunabilitiy.
This modifications are also power consumers. Maybe Braunability is conflicting somwhere , on car power grid?
Can you disconnect fuses which are responsible for additional equipment or it is connected together to something else?
It can also be part of some small animals actions under the hood... It looks like harnesses/plugs issue...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This modifications are also power consumers. Maybe Braunability is conflicting somwhere , on car power grid?
Can you disconnect fuses which are responsible for additional equipment or it is connected together to something else?
It can also be part of some small animals actions under the hood... It looks like harnesses/plugs issue...
Hello,
Yes they are, they installed a 20ah extra battery. I got a tip today to check all the fuses power.

·
Banned
25 Posts
Model Year:
Gas / Hybrid:
Gas
Trim:
Touring L
Hello,
Yes they are, they installed a 20ah extra battery. I got a tip today to check all the fuses power.
There is a specific sequence of reconnecting the negative and positive terminals of the batteries when changed. I would suggest the following:

remove the negative cable from main battery, remove negative cable from aux battery (small one next to main)

leave unconnected for 20-30 minutes. This will reset everything.
Reconnect the auxiliary barrier negative cable first! Follow up by reconnecting main negative cable.
If these batteries aren’t reconnected in the correct order all sorts of lights and warnings can come on. I just went through this 3 days ago and it solved everything

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica
3 Posts
My 2018 Pacifica (37k miles) its been in the shop for 2.5 months now, similar problem, all dash warning lights flashing, and no power to shifter (sometimes)- I would wait 5-10 minutes try starting it again, and it would work fine, very odd... First thing I did was switch both the batteries, didn't fix anything, took to dealer, the switched the shifter controller (didn't fix it), then they said they think it's the Can-C bus (small bus bar) it had a loose connection and they ordered a new one and replaced it (they told me that 3 weeks ago)- the dealer hasn't been responsive so I'm not sure what the actual problem is- I'm getting rid of the van as soon as I get it back, seems a lot of people are having major electrical problem with them.

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Touring L plus
54 Posts
I had a similar issue it was my main harness one of the pins was not making contact and took three months and 5 chrylers engineers to figure out had work done and then the dealer plugged the harness back in the pin bent
These are the worst issues to diagnose. The issue maybe simple getting to the solution is painful.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts