2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I had a dead battery when I went to start my car in the morning and it looks like the reason why is because I left the sliding door open at night. Does anyone know a way to have the car not leave the lights on all night if I leave a sliding door open? I was used to doing this with our Odyssey.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Yesterday I had a dead battery when I went to start my car in the morning and it looks like the reason why is because I left the sliding door open at night. Does anyone know a way to have the car not leave the lights on all night if I leave a sliding door open? I was used to doing this with our Odyssey.
You can turn off interior lights using the roller switches left of the steering wheel. Some vans have battery run down protection, so if that is the case with your van, I would see if there is another problem. Could you leave the windows open instead of the door?

Edit: According to the manual, the lights should turn off after 10 minutes after turning off van, so you may want to have your battery checked. There have been forum members who have had bad batteries during the first year. The gas Pacifica battery is supposed to have a three year warranty.

If you put your van info (year, trim, gas/hybrid, etc) in the User CP signature line it will help us answer your questions easier.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I just want to say that your screenname is hilarious ROFL! :grin2:

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have left the sliding door open overnight for multiple times. Never had battery issue.
Maybe look somewhere else for the cause?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I haven't left my door open overnight yet, but I think my interior lights do time out after a short while, so I don't think that leaving the door open should place any significant burden on the battery.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Lights turn out after a few minutes (except maybe when you manually turn them on.)

ACC turns off after about 30 minutes. And I think the overhead / post door buttons also turn off after a few minutes.

Check the individual lights that can be forced on by switches -- but those are tiny drains. My grown up kids used to leave them on which I would not realize until I drove the van at night.

Make sure nothing is plugged into the "battery" sockets (the ones that show a battery on the cover) -- those remain on regardless of the ignition switch status. Things like chargers, etc. draw small currents even if not actively charging.

I would go back to the van about 15 minutes after you leave it with the door open (without the fob) and see what it is on and what is not (without opening any doors.) It should be completely dark.

And as mentioned above and on various threads, if it happens again, make sure you get the battery load tested. Premature battery failure, although relatively rare, is mentioned regularly.

Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts