Registered
2018 Pacifica Touring L+
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If yes, how does it work?

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I’d stick with buying tires yourself and then putting them on . Dealer will swap your tires but overcharge you on new ones as well as the labour to do the swap out .

·
Registered
2018 Pacifica Touring L+
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wonder if I can order the tires myself off of TireRack or the like and either have them delivered to the dealer or bring them with me when the vehicle comes in. Will dealer give me any kind of credit on the OEM tires?

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
947 Posts
Wonder if I can order the tires myself off of TireRack or the like and either have them delivered to the dealer or bring them with me when the vehicle comes in. Will dealer give me any kind of credit on the OEM tires?
That's a question you have to ask the dealer. At the same time, ask what they would charge if they supplied the tires. They might surprise you if they really want to make the sale.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Touring-L Plus
19 Posts
It's worth shopping around for this. Here in Québec, winter tires are mandatory, and the vans come from the factory with summer tires. So if you buy any car in the winter months, the dealer HAS to put on different tires; it's part of the "preparation" they have to do before they give you your car. Now, some dealers are more greedy on this than others, see my other thread for some background.

In my experience, they really don't like when you mention ordering tires from websites, as they can't match the prices offered there. The dealer I ended up buying from was only about ~100$ CAD over for the whole set, which I found reasonable.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Before you sign the papers, everything can be negotiated. Not saying it will happen but, they want to make a sale.

Reactions: PacificaMinivanFan
1 - 6 of 6 Posts