2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m betting this is a long shot, but has anyone swapped to different brakes on their Pacifica?

We have, in addition to our Pacifica, a 2014 Durango. It will need brakes soon, and I’m very likely going to install a set of SRT Brembos. This leaves me with a set of Durango calipers.

The Pacifica has 330mm x 28mm vented front brakes (13.0”x1.1”), and 330mm x 12mm (13.0”x0.47”) solid rear rotors.

The Durango has 350mm x 32mm vented fronts (13.8”x1.26”), and 330mm x 22mm (13.0”x0.87”) vented rear rotors.

Both the P and the D have a 5x127mm bolt pattern with a 71.5mm hub bore. I have not checked rotor hat dimensions yet.

Has anyone swapped Durango brakes onto their Pacifica to help with brake overheating while towing or driving through mountains?

·
Registered
2018 Limited | Velvet Red Pearl, Black/ Diesel| Build date 06/2018
60 Posts
Bump. Anybody upgrade the brakes? The rear solid rotors are down right sad. I'm very much interested in learning what other FCA cars might have a bolt on option.

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Limited
381 Posts
Also interested in finding out if any other calipers are interchangeable.

·
Registered
2018 Limited | Velvet Red Pearl, Black/ Diesel| Build date 06/2018
60 Posts
I understand that the Pacifica shares a platform with the Cherokee. maybe there could be something there?

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L (built 9/2017)
301 Posts
I understand that the Pacifica shares a platform with the Cherokee. maybe there could be something there?
You're misinformed. The Pacifica's platform isn't shared with any other FCA model. Others have had good results with just upgrading to high performance aftermarket pads. The factory ones are just OK, but they fade fairly quick on the highway after a couple long stops. I imagine this is more noticeable when towing something.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Many FCA vehicles are built on the Fiat Compact platform. This includes both the Cherokee and the Pacifica.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Have run EBC yellows in the front with stock rears. Great stopping but crazy dust, and brakes are too cold too often and go through pads fast. Now am on the stoptech brakes front and rear. Not as good as the yellows for stopping, but better than stock. I have not had an issue with fully loaded van with these. Stock brakes I cooked on my second trip.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts