2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had in channel window deflectors on my Town & Country from Weathertech, but they don't make them for Pacifica.
I do not want the glue-on ones, but cannot find in-channel.
Has anybody found in-channel deflectors???
For those who've never had them, you can crack windows in rain and rain doesn't enter.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Rain/wind window deflector

What type do you have? Let’s see some pics for comparison

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I want the in-channel kind, like I had on my Town & Country, but can't find any for Pacifica, only the tape-on kind seems to be available....:frown2:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Previous post - Thoughts on window wind deflectors

Hi Guys
I've been waiting almost 2 years for Weather Tech to release window deflectors for my Pacifica. What a drag. But after searching the internet I found a set that I think look quite nice. They are made by Wells Visors. They stick on on the outside and have clips for extra reinforcement. They have the chrome trim which I think make them look quite factory. Not only that but they are half the price of the Weather Tech I had on my Town and Country and they don't feel cheap. It has the same colour tint as my Panoramic sunroof. What do you think? Here are some pics
Attached Thumbnails

Attachments

Reactions: OregonAvocado

·
Registered
160 Posts
So these are available now from Weathertech. $100 USD for the set of 4 (front and rear windows). $160 CAD for those north of the border.

Search for part # 82840.

·
Registered
2020 Gas Pacifica Touring L+; (prev 2017 Touring L+)
896 Posts
Here is the exact link for 2017's:

https://www.weathertech.com/chrysler/2017/pacifica/side-window-deflectors/

There is another thread I just saw about this accessory -- (there even may be more than one.)

I'll search and post link. But these are the first I've seen -- most of the others were up to $200 and either glued or screwed.

Thanks for finding them. Just what I have been looking for -- think I will order.

·
Registered
896 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
I just ordered a set. Been waiting for these to become available. Now I will be able to let the windows cracked open in the summer time.

Thanks Jerry17 for posting the link.

·
Registered
896 Posts
I just ordered a set. Been waiting for these to become available. Now I will be able to let the windows cracked open in the summer time.

Thanks Jerry17 for posting the link.
Let us know if it is a pure friction fit. As I was about to order them myself, I saw in their FAQs that sometimes they include clips for better installation. I sent an e-mail to them to ask if clips were involved in this set and a copy of the installation instructions. I'll post when they answer.

·
Super Moderator
730 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Let us know if it is a pure friction fit. As I was about to order them myself, I saw in their FAQs that sometimes they include clips for better installation. I sent an e-mail to them to ask if clips were involved in this set and a copy of the installation instructions. I'll post when they answer.
Yes I saw that too about the clips. Not seeing any installation instructions is suspicious. Although the one installation video looked like the Pacifica and seemed to just install normally into he weather strip groove.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They do, indeed, seem to be available now ...:smile2:
Funny, I'd contacted Weathertech and they said they'd email me when the became available, and no email...
Ordered them.

THANK YOU...

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hours after I ordered them based on this thread, I got an email from Weathertech announcing that they were now available....:laugh:

·
Registered
146 Posts
I've received the Weathertech shades, got the lighter tint, they look really good out of the box. Haven't installed them yet. No clips involved, just the four shades front and rear and a tool to seat the weather strip once everything is installed. They apparently do not make these in the U.S. they say Made In Germany right on the product.

·
Registered
896 Posts
......They apparently do not make these in the U.S. they say Made In Germany right on the product.
Hmmm.. WeatherTech's founder's statement on the website:
Today, America needs fresh leadership to lead us as a nation out of this economic crisis. Leadership must come not only from our political leaders but also from the average citizen. The exporting of American jobs is a trend that must be stopped and reversed. When I walk into my local hardware store, I typically find 85% of the goods for sale are manufactured 7,000 miles away. Recognizable American brands have been forced by shortsighted management and buyers at large national chains to build factories overseas just to save a lousy $.50 on a tape measure. To these ruthless buyers, it is all about the money. Rarely are product quality, the political system, human rights, animal rights and environmental costs to the planet considered, not to mention the cost to our society of exporting not only jobs, but an entire factory! At WeatherTech, we are doing our part for the American economy and for our 300 million fellow citizens and neighbors. My philosophy is that if my neighbor doesn’t have a job, sooner or later I won’t have a job either.

I applaud the sentiment, but I am also a realist. It is a complex issue. Sometimes the business reality is that sometimes you don't have the local capacity/expertise to meet market demands. And don't forget the role of the American consumer, who will go to Amazon to save "a buck $2.98" over the same item in Best Buy or Sears (and look at how many posters travel hundreds of miles in search of better OTD price.) So unfortunately that "lousy 50 cents" on a tape measure can loom large in the consumer psyche and the blame does not only lie with the bean counters.

Anyway, I am ordering them before they are hit with a tariff.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hmmm.. WeatherTech's founder's statement on the website:
Today, America needs fresh leadership to lead us as a nation out of this economic crisis. Leadership must come not only from our political leaders but also from the average citizen. The exporting of American jobs is a trend that must be stopped and reversed. When I walk into my local hardware store, I typically find 85% of the goods for sale are manufactured 7,000 miles away. Recognizable American brands have been forced by shortsighted management and buyers at large national chains to build factories overseas just to save a lousy $.50 on a tape measure. To these ruthless buyers, it is all about the money. Rarely are product quality, the political system, human rights, animal rights and environmental costs to the planet considered, not to mention the cost to our society of exporting not only jobs, but an entire factory! At WeatherTech, we are doing our part for the American economy and for our 300 million fellow citizens and neighbors. My philosophy is that if my neighbor doesn’t have a job, sooner or later I won’t have a job either.

I applaud the sentiment, but I am also a realist. It is a complex issue. Sometimes the business reality is that sometimes you don't have the local capacity/expertise to meet market demands. And don't forget the role of the American consumer, who will go to Amazon to save "a buck $2.98" over the same item in Best Buy or Sears (and look at how many posters travel hundreds of miles in search of better OTD price.) So unfortunately that "lousy 50 cents" on a tape measure can loom large in the consumer psyche and the blame does not only lie with the bean counters.

Anyway, I am ordering them before they are hit with a tariff.
I have no doubt that WeatherTech could make their floormats and cargo liners cheaper in China, but they make them here. The window deflectors are an entirely different plastic and maybe Weathertech lacks the equipment.
I had Window deflectors from Weathertech on my Town & Country and they were excellent.
If I had to prioritize countries to import from, I'd prefer a NATO ally over China.

Reactions: sjambok

·
Registered
146 Posts
I was incorrect about the Made in Germany being on the product, it is on the packaging label.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Just installed the WeatherTech window vents here are a couple of pics, although since they are dark it is hard to see them all that well.
I almost sent them back because I was trying to install them wrong. I thought they went between the weatherstrip and the door frame, which is impossible, but they actually go in the window channel. LOL!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 41 Posts