2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Gas Pacifica Touring L+; (prev 2017 Touring L+)
928 Posts
Just installed the WeatherTech window vents here are a couple of pics, although since they are dark it is hard to see them all that well.
I almost sent them back because I was trying to install them wrong. I thought they went between the weatherstrip and the door frame, which is impossible, but they actually go in the window channel. LOL!
I guess the instructions were pictures instead of words. I hate that. The pictures are useful, but a few words under them won't cost that much more ink when they are printed.

This is my favorite instruction sheet -- look at the nuts carefully.......

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
I guess the instructions were pictures instead of words. I hate that. The pictures are useful, but a few words under them won't cost that much more ink when they are printed.

This is my favorite instruction sheet -- look at the nuts carefully.......
The instructions actually included words as well as pictures, however the pictures were not of the Pacifica, just another vehicle that looked somewhat like a Pacifica.
The installation is simple really, however I wouldn't want to try to do it in COLD weather, that front deflector has to be pretty flexible to get in there.

Reactions: GAMCAMECM

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mine is also on back order. I called and spoke to a CSR they issued me a 10% discount and waived shipping. Ended up getting $24.99 credited back to my card but I still have to wait til 3rd week of August

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
686 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Update: I got tracking number on the weathered have window deflector. It arrives Tuesday, I will be posting a picture after installation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
They just arrived and I installed them front and rear. Easy (after I read directions). I LOVE how they blend right in - they barely protrude beyond the frame. Wife loves them, also.
Thunderstorm coming and dark in garage, so no pics.
Funny, these I had to sign for from FedEx, the floor mats and cargo liner cost way more but I didn't have to sign for them.... Go Figure.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Those look great. Can't wait to get mine. I tried to get 10% off like the other poster did, but the weathertech guy said he couldn't do it.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Your picture got me to check mine - I had mine on the rubber, not on the metal frame, like instructions said.
Re-installed them. A bit harder to get in, but in better.
THANK YOU.

·
Registered
1 Posts
QUESTION: I have the hybrid model and I try not to use air conditioning to save energy in the battery. Does the deflector create better air circulation inside the car?

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
QUESTION: I have the hybrid model and I try not to use air conditioning to save energy in the battery. Does the deflector create better air circulation inside the car?
No, I don't think better airflow. The airflow is quieter and doesn't blow direct in your face, and you can have windows open a bit in the rain without rain coming in.

·
Registered
68 Posts
My experience with the in-channel visors aren't that great. Ordered a set of weathertech for my old 2006 Sienna a few years back. The installation was ok, but not easy as I had to flex the front ones to fit it in. The two front windows never close right as they always have the "click" when they try to get pass the visors, and after about 9 months of use, the driver side cracked in the channel and ended up on a busy street while I was driving, and some plastic debris lost in the door. Switched to the stick-on type by AVS, and no problem for the last 3 years before I sold the Sienna to get the PacHy. To be fair, the stick-on is not going to beat the in-channels based on look, so if you are to get them because you want the subtle look, then the weathertech ones are the best. For my PacHy, I've ordered the wellvisor simply because of the chrome edges, or else AVS would be more than fine for my need. One advise for people who are installing them, either in-channel or stick-on, clean the place you are sticking on thoroughly with alcohol wipes, and use a blow dryer to warm up the deflectors a bit before installing. That will make the plastic go back to it's original molded shape in case they got deformed in shipping.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
My experience with the in-channel visors aren't that great. Ordered a set of weathertech for my old 2006 Sienna a few years back. The installation was ok, but not easy as I had to flex the front ones to fit it in. The two front windows never close right as they always have the "click" when they try to get pass the visors, and after about 9 months of use, the driver side cracked in the channel and ended up on a busy street while I was driving, and some plastic debris lost in the door. Switched to the stick-on type by AVS, and no problem for the last 3 years before I sold the Sienna to get the PacHy. To be fair, the stick-on is not going to beat the in-channels based on look, so if you are to get them because you want the subtle look, then the weathertech ones are the best. For my PacHy, I've ordered the wellvisor simply because of the chrome edges, or else AVS would be more than fine for my need. One advise for people who are installing them, either in-channel or stick-on, clean the place you are sticking on thoroughly with alcohol wipes, and use a blow dryer to warm up the deflectors a bit before installing. That will make the plastic go back to it's original molded shape in case they got deformed in shipping.
I see you are in Canada. Did they crack in the winter? Plastic does get brittle in low temps....
This is the fourth vehicle I've had Weathertechs on - I even moved one set from 1 PT Cruiser to another and have well over 200,000 miles and over 15 years on that set, but it doesn't get below zero much.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I see you are in Canada. Did they crack in the winter? Plastic does get brittle in low temps....
This is the fourth vehicle I've had Weathertechs on - I even moved one set from 1 PT Cruiser to another and have well over 200,000 miles and over 15 years on that set, but it doesn't get below zero much.
Here in the west coast, we get more rain than snow, but we do get sub-zero temperature a few weeks during winter. I don't think it cracked in the winter time though, it's either spring or fall. I agree with you that plastic don't do well in cold location, but I believe that's only one of the contributing factors of my old set's failure. The fact is that with the in-channel ones are sharing the same space with the window, so no matter how well we install them, they are always going to be pressing against the seal when the windows are up, not to mention rubbing against edges of the glass when the windows roll up and down. Now to be fair, When I installed them, my old Sienna was already 7 to 8 years old, so the windows seal was old and probably much more rigid compare to a new car's. I guess for you lot who like the in-channels, install them when your vehicle is new. For me, my new Well Visors just arrived, and will be putting them on tonight! :) Good luck to you all!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Grrr..... I'm such an idiot...

Got the WeatherTech deflectors, read the instructions 10 times, read these posts 20 times, and install the deflectors... on the rubber instead of in the window sill... ok, let's blame language barrier and cultural differences... :)

Hey, works much better on the window sills!!

Just a matter of taking them out, and reinstalling them. Was afraid they would break so much I had to bend them, but they held on.

Let's see if I like these for the distance and keep them, or just eBay them in a few weeks...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m a newbie and this is my first post. But though I would throw in my 2 cents. Like member :po201, I have the ones by WellVisors. I got it from VanKulture site/page.

Install was pretty straight forward it had 2 clips and tape. Had it on for over a year and Love them. Always love the how I can leave the windows cracked and not worried of people looking in because even with the windows down 2 inches still looked closed because of the visors. Just sharing my experience.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts