2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm comparing the Hybrid and gas versions and have some questions and the sales guys are no help.

First:
For the 2019 Hybrid Touring Plus there is a note on the website (in the specs) that says:
Remote Start System (N/A w/ Manual Transmission)
The note is only on the Touring Plus trim even though they all have the same transmission.
Anyone understand what they mean?

Second:
The sales guy told me that the hybrid doesn't have an electric heater. Google tells me there is an electric coolant heater. If I'm tooling around on 95% battery at a 60 F temp outside and I set the thermostat to 70 F. Will it kick on the gas engine or use the electric heat?

Thanks!

·
Registered
252 Posts
1. I think it's just cut and paste from other Chrysler models. Remote start doesn't come with the Touring Plus. You can tell by the key fob, it doesn't have the remote start button.

2. People have reported the gas engine turning on when you use the heater and the outside temperature is around 40F.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I'm comparing the Hybrid and gas versions and have some questions and the sales guys are no help.

First:
For the 2019 Hybrid Touring Plus there is a note on the website (in the specs) that says:
Remote Start System (N/A w/ Manual Transmission)
The note is only on the Touring Plus trim even though they all have the same transmission.
Anyone understand what they mean?

Second:
The sales guy told me that the hybrid doesn't have an electric heater. Google tells me there is an electric coolant heater. If I'm tooling around on 95% battery at a 60 F temp outside and I set the thermostat to 70 F. Will it kick on the gas engine or use the electric heat?

Thanks!
The sales guy is wrong. There is an electric heater. If you set the inside temp to 70 on a 60 degree day I doubt very much that it will trigger the gas engine to get heat. But if it’s 20 degrees outside I will almost guarantee you that the gas engine will kick on to get the heat up to where it needs to be.

When we bought our van fron an out-of-state dealer I found that their knowledge about the hybrid-specific things was pretty meager. You’ll probably get much better answers to your questions here by posing questions that actual owners can answer.

And I think as was noted, there’s a mistake on the website. I think all it’s trying to tell you is that the remote start isn’t available on the Touring Plus model. All transmissions are the same for all trim levels and there is no such thing as a Pacifica Hybrid with a manual transmission. In fact, I would guess that no Pacifica van has a manual transmission. That statement was copied from somewhere and has no relevance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts