2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that when I exit my vehicle and press the lock/unlock button on the exterior door handle (driver's side) the doors don't always lock. Sometimes I have to press the button an additional one or two more times before the door actually locks and the alarm is engaged. I can tell visually if it engages by watching the passenger side interior lock switch move to the locked position... and verbally by a subtle but noticeable sound created by the locking mechanism. So I know for certain it doesn't always lock on the first press. And I have made a point to put significantly more pressure on the button to ensure it's not a result of me not pressing hard enough.

Anyone else experiencing the same?

·
Registered
470 Posts
One thing that can cause intermittent success in locking the doors with the button on the handle is keeping part of your fingers on the inside surface of the handle. It is understandable that this would cause the vehicle to remain unlocked as the inside of handle contact is exactly what is supposed to unlock the vehicle. It is the same as keeping your foot on your brake peddle when you try to shut the engine off with the start/stop dashboard button. Often this will leave the engine running when you expected to turn the engine off. I'm certainly not saying this is what is happening in your case, but this has happened on occasion as I go to lock the car, or attempt to turn the engine off. My examples of course are not a "fault" but rather the appropriate functioning of the vehicle.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I had the same problem because I had a T&C and it did not work exactly like the Pac. You MUST NOT touch the handle with the PAC. Just use your finger. Works fine after you just use your finger.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Also if your keys are in your pocket or purse and are blocked by a phone, that sometimes interferes with the key fob.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been having this exact problem and then I have to get my keys out of my purse.

I don't understand why sometimes it works and others it doesn't.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My wife has been locked out of her 2017 Pacifica twice with the key fob in the vehicle. My remedy is to not leave the key fob in the van. I'm sure the doors should not lock when the key fob is in the vehicle and it is in park.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Keys on you will also do this . Agreed as stated prior, you just touch the handle and do not have to grab or manhandle the door latch.

·
Registered
529 Posts
It is the same as keeping your foot on your brake peddle when you try to shut the engine off with the start/stop dashboard button.
OH MY GOD! I could never figure out why this happens to me sometimes. I'm pushing the **** button, just shut off already. JD, you are indeed wise. Thank you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts