2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Nice. The 2nd pic with the guy sitting on the contraption is actually a Caravan, but it's same assembly line so no biggie.

Here's another good one:

Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Production at Windsor Assembly Plant, Ontario

·
Registered
504 Posts
Oh I love seeing this! I wish I could tour the plant - just fascinating.
Thank you for sharing!
John

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Wow, That's awesome. Just simply overwhelmed by the amount of careful and complex work done in these (or any) vehicle manufacture. The engineering that goes into it is beyond my comprehension. Every kink and hole in the body frame seems to have a purpose.
Any worker simply forgetting to tighten a nut, plug in a wire, etc could result in huge problems down the road which could be so hard to pinpoint and diagnose. And they have to do all those work without making a scratch on the exterior or interior.... Wow.
And imagine how big a deal it is if the vehicle doesn't do well in the market. We tend to shrug of vehicles based on the looks, drive or some features, but now even a Kia Sedona has my respect.

·
Registered
244 Posts
And imagine, Chrysler is profitable (I assume) while covering material, direct labor, management overhead, engineering costs, employee benefits, the factory building, model year retooling, advertising, dealer profit, dealer training, recall and warranty reserves plus who knows what else. All this while producing an amazingly complex vehicle that we can buy for about $50000 or less.

As I have noted in a post on another thread, my 2018 Touring L is actually cheaper when adjusted for inflation than the Plymouth Voyageur I bought in 1988 but is a world better in performance and features.

This is not just a kudo for Chrysler, this if for the auto industry in general. They do not make them like they used to and that is good.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
A state of the art, well executed design, was the foremost and most redeeming feature of this version of the Chrysler minivan (as compared to the Town and Country or the original Pacifica SUV) whichever you want to compare it to. Now Chrysler can rest easy and add as many features as it wants to on the Pacifica over the years, to keep it refreshed.
If the original design was flawed or unsighty, then no amount add-on will work on it. Starting from a clean sheet of paper always has its advantages.

·
Registered
306 Posts
And imagine, Chrysler is profitable (I assume) while covering material, direct labor, management overhead, engineering costs, employee benefits, the factory building, model year retooling, advertising, dealer profit, dealer training, recall and warranty reserves plus who knows what else. All this while producing an amazingly complex vehicle that we can buy for about $50000 or less.

As I have noted in a post on another thread, my 2018 Touring L is actually cheaper when adjusted for inflation than the Plymouth Voyageur I bought in 1988 but is a world better in performance and features.

This is not just a kudo for Chrysler, this if for the auto industry in general. They do not make them like they used to and that is good.
Want to comment on your last sentence...
I often hear "Old cars were much easier to work on" - to which I reply, "Because you HAD to work on them" - Ignition points, plugs, condensor, adjusting timing - every 10,000 miles, replace exhaust 40,000 miles, oil change 3,000 miles, carburetor adjustment, adjusting valves...
That was the mechanical side - keep them running and then the body would rust out!
I have had old cars - no thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
DoninDel
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing