2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since most of the available cargo liners are designed for the cargo area behind the third row, and we intend to keep the third row down almost all of the time, my options for a custom cargo liner were limited. I considered trimming a generic cargo mat from Sam's, but I learned that it would have taken two, and would have cost about $43 after tax for overlapping, ill fitting flat mats.

During searches I learned that Lloyd Mats offers custom fit cargo liners for both seating arrangements. They also make them in just about any material you want, including vinyl and two types of rubber. Vinyl is the cheapest option. Their Rubbertite mats are made of "heavy-weight compostion rubber," and have molded round dimples designed to keep spills from flowing far. Northridge mats are "highly durable molded specially formulated synthetic rubber," and have a pattern of dimples that looks sort of like diamond plate. Rubbertite is about 10% less expensive than Northridge.

I didn't find any reviews specifically comparing Rubbertite to Northridge. I read one Rubbertite review from someone who said that the even rows of round dimples made it easier to roll up than the offset pattern of the Northridge, but I couldn't tell if that was from experience with both, or just speculation. The round dimples look like they'd be easier to clean than the diamond plate pattern, but that's definitely speculation on my part. We may occasionally be rolling the mat up for unexpected passengers, so for that reason, possibly easier cleaning, and lower price, I went with Rubbertite. It was $72 after a 20% code on autoanything.com.

I didn't have plans to purchase any of the cargo liners to go behind the third row, since most were $90-$100 and we won't be using it that much. I was already placing the order for the Rubbertite mat, so I went ahead and spent $32 (after discount) on a Lloyd clear vinyl liner.

I received and installed both today. The vinyl liner feels exactly like the mat under my chair at the office. It has a very slight texture, and not-too-sharp nubs underneath to keep it in place. It fits well, but that's not a great accomplishment when it's only two dimensional. Any spills will run right off of it. It's certainly better than nothing, but if I had it to do over again I'd either skip it or put the money towards a Rubbertite mat there.

The Rubbertite mat seems excellent. For maximum protection I'd prefer a raised edge around the perimeter (like the Maxliners elsewhere in the car), but a flat rubber mat will roll up tightly. The dimples look like they will work as advertised, so this is a good compromise. The nubs on the bottom are not sharp, and it's not at all uncomfortable to roll. The cut is perfect. The cargo area is almost a perfect rectangle, but the sides do taper slightly, and you can tell front from back by the rounded corners that precisely follow the edges of the stowed seat. The edges of the front of the mat are more squared off. The mat is designed to work with a mat Lloyd sells for the third row foot area. I'm thrilled to report that it overlaps the Maxliners, and because it's flat it sits neatly underneath for 100% coverage. The only issue is that the Rubbertite mat has a distinct odor. Hopefully it dissipates.

With the addition of these mats I've got essentially full coverage of the carpet. The Maxliners were an Amazon Warehouse deal at about $139 after tax, and these were $32 and $72 for a grand total of $243. And no, the irony of trying to family proof a minivan is not lost on me....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Limited | Velvet Red Pearl, Black/ Diesel| Build date 06/2018
61 Posts
Thanks for the write up. So just for clarification, the Loyd mats rubberite is being used for the floor area when 3rd row is stowed, but what do you have in the bottom of the well when the 3rd row is up?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts