2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, is it possible to put a new 12v main battery on my Pacifica Hybrid with basic tools like my other vehicles? I’m not seeing much but I’m in a parking lot waiting for a jump. My battery is red in the console so my plan is to jump, and when we get home buy a new batter tomorrow, then change it out ourselves. Thank you. Hope this jump works.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Call around. Many parts places will change battery for free when you buy battery from them.
Thank you. I’ll try this. When I take the battery cover off where the positive post is I see the fuses. So that confused me. I could buy a new battery now as I’m at a Walmart. I’ll wait and go to auto Zone or a part store tomorrow.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Touring L
102 Posts
Thank you. I’ll try this. When I take the battery cover off where the positive post is I see the fuses. So that confused me. I could buy a new battery now as I’m at a Walmart. I’ll wait and go to auto Zone or a part store tomorrow.
Accessory battery (12V) is located in the left rear compartment (where some Pacificas has spare/emergency wheel).
There are some tutorials at YT to find it and replace it, just be patient and do it right or you are gonna unnecessary rip off some plastic. There are just 2 screws holding big plastic pannel ( the guy on this video riping them off
)

Here is better explanation:

Reactions: Cindylou

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Accessory battery (12V) is located in the left rear compartment (where some Pacificas has spare/emergency wheel).
There are some tutorials at YT to find it and replace it, just be patient and do it right or you are gonna unnecessary rip off some plastic. There are just 2 screws holding big plastic pannel ( the guy on this video riping them off
)

Here is better explanation:
Thank you! I though we had two 12v batteries? One in the back and one in the front?

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
1,304 Posts
Thank you! I though we had two 12v batteries? One in the back and one in the front?
Yeah, the hybrids only have one 12 volt battery. Also, you can't jump start them like you can with a regular vehicle. They require a healthy 12 volt power supply to operate. This is why a lot of hybrid owners keep a charged power pack in the vehicle just in case the 12 volt battery fails. You can connect it to the [12 volt] battery terminals in a pinch to drive it somewhere to get the battery replaced.

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Yeah, the hybrids only have one battery. Also, you can't jump start them like you can with a regular vehicle. They require a healthy 12 volt power supply to operate. This is why a lot of hybrid owners keep a charged power pack in the vehicle just in case the 12 volt battery fails. You can connect it to the [12 volt] battery terminals in a pinch to drive it somewhere to get the battery replaced.
I think you might need to rephrase your response about ehybrids

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
1,304 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Touring L
102 Posts
Just one. Gas only version with start/stop system has 2 batteries, but both of them under the hood.
Although, after initial start-up of the power in the car and consumpt the power from traction battery through inverter , the 12V supply from battery has to be solid... To engage the inverter is enough to open driver door, but without 12V it is not working. And that power has to be given continously...as mentioned above, 12V power bank may save your trouble to get somewhere when isue occure. Ori battery is AGM type and they failling they do that quite sudden-not so much warning given ,like faded lights or else.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, the hybrids only have one 12 volt battery. Also, you can't jump start them like you can with a regular vehicle. They require a healthy 12 volt power supply to operate. This is why a lot of hybrid owners keep a charged power pack in the vehicle just in case the 12 volt battery fails. You can connect it to the [12 volt] battery terminals in a pinch to drive it somewhere to get the battery replaced.
Hopefully it’s just this. I see your avatar. I think the dealer in CR has experience with hybrids as they sell the 4xE and I have seen them selling our kind of van there in the past. I’ll find out tomorrow. We broke down there when visiting. We live about 1.5 hours north so it’s not horribly out of our way. Go Hawks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts