2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

241 - 258 of 258 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for the reply Mike. I am actually coming FROM the 8.4" RA4 to the newer 8.4" UAV. The most frustrating thing is that this worked when we first plugged it in. I had to order a different white cable that goes from the display to the actual unit so I think I'm good there.

I've been reading on other MOPAR forums of having the same issue. What is strange is that some will, some won't have this issue. It's hit or miss.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Soooo a little update. Called the dealer and they seem to think they can code my VIN in the new unit. I absolutely challenge that from everything that I have read online. We will see how it goes and I'll report back.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I was told that doing this could affect your warranty. Anything they can say is the result of the unit will not be covered. Perhaps this could be used as grounds for denying other electrical issues or problems with the "brain". Those areas are, in my opinion, the most likely areas that you will want covered. If your warranty is out, then there is no issue.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was told that doing this could affect your warranty. Anything they can say is the result of the unit will not be covered. Perhaps this could be used as grounds for denying other electrical issues or problems with the "brain". Those areas are, in my opinion, the most likely areas that you will want covered. If your warranty is out, then there is no issue.
If I am replacing with a unit from a salvage car, is the warranty voided anyways?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did the swap yesterday on my 2017 Touring, with a 2018/19 UAV, Only issue is now battery is acting up, But may have started acting up before swapping the Radio unit.

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Limited
393 Posts
To void warranty, they would have to prove that the modification was a direct cause of the problem (Magnuson Moss warranty Law).....Anyway, it would be a 5 minute job to just replace the old unit before taking it to the dealer .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did the swap yesterday on my 2017 Touring, with a 2018/19 UAV, Only issue is now battery is acting up, But may have started acting up before swapping the Radio unit.
Replaced the battery, All is well with the new units. Interesting was the dates on the units, the newer 2018/19 model radio and screen had Jan 2017 manufacture stamps on them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just wanted to report I installed part number 68351931AH and everything is working wonderfully. I guess the previous owner had XM subscription as its working well.

The previous part number would not work regardless of what I did and it came out of a 2019.

If looking used, I would suggest the 68351931AH to save headache.

For reference, my pacifica is a 2017 that came with the 8.4"

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Limited
393 Posts
Hello Eveyone,

I have 2017 Pacifica Limited. Has anyone tried UAV from a 2020?

Thanks
Everything would be the same as a UAV from a 2018, 2019 or 2020. Only difference being the 20 may have updated software. My UAV was from a 2019.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I ordered mine through LKQ. It was from a wreck. The issue I had is it wouldn't "register the vin". If I cut power at the battery and had everything rest, it would start up and everything worked. Once I turned the van off, it would just show a black screen. Took it to Chrysler and they said the vin's weren't matching causing it to do that.

I then went and bought a unit out of a 2018 and plugged it in, everything is working perfect now (other than updates). I supposed the people that had it before had Sirius radio because it's still working too.

If you bought new, maybe it recognizes your vin.

Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered mine through LKQ. It was from a wreck. The issue I had is it wouldn't "register the vin". If I cut power at the battery and had everything rest, it would start up and everything worked. Once I turned the van off, it would just show a black screen. Took it to Chrysler and they said the vin's weren't matching causing it to do that.

I then went and bought a unit out of a 2018 and plugged it in, everything is working perfect now (other than updates). I supposed the people that had it before had Sirius radio because it's still working too.

If you bought new, maybe it recognizes your vin.

Good luck.
I ordered from them as well....🤦‍♂️...mine should be here next week, I’ll keep you guys posted.

thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #257
For the FAKRA cable any reason this one wouldn't work?

Says next day shipping within the States.

So i think I'm getting somewhere...I was able to get the unlock pin for the radio I purchased and after hours of searching the internet haphazardly I believe I finally found the video interface cable that infotainment includes in their bundle. It's a FAKRA HSD B male to male cable. I ordered it but it's coming from China so who knows how long it will take. Estimated arrival from the other items they sell on ebay is 30-45 days. I've included the link for reference. I'll update the thread when I get it.

https://www.rfstreet.com/ch_contentd.asp?id=3252

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Limited
393 Posts
For the FAKRA cable any reason this one wouldn't work?

Says next day shipping within the States.
No, that one will not work. It only has a single electrode in the middle, the one we need has 4. I searched all over the internet and was only able to find them from China on Ebay. Mine only took about a week to arrive.

241 - 258 of 258 Posts