2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

281 - 300 of 305 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys. I have two questions. If i will update my UAV(Pacifica 2017) then i get some updates in my second row screens?
Can i use UAV(68351931AH) from gasoline Pacifica in my hybrid Pacifica?

·
Registered
Chrysler Pacifica Limited 2017 brown
19 Posts
Happy new year guys,
can one help me and tell me which connection is for what (marked yellow) ??

·
Registered
2 Posts
If memory serves, Nothing goes in to the Red or Pink ports on the new stereo. The Orange cable you disconnect from the old unit also stays unplugged, as does the White cable that connected to the old display. You will want to use the new display cable.

You re-use, the Purple, White, and Mustard colored cables, the Main connector cable, and the Grey USB cable (although you rotate it 180 degrees).

If you are asking what each individual color corresponds to, such as Satellite, 4G, etc... I do not know. Maybe someone else does.

·
Registered
Chrysler Pacifica Limited 2017 brown
19 Posts
If memory serves, Nothing goes in to the Red or Pink ports on the new stereo. The Orange cable you disconnect from the old unit also stays unplugged, as does the White cable that connected to the old display. You will want to use the new display cable.

You re-use, the Purple, White, and Mustard colored cables, the Main connector cable, and the Grey USB cable (although you rotate it 180 degrees).

If you are asking what each individual color corresponds to, such as Satellite, 4G, etc... I do not know. Maybe someone else does.
Thanks!!
I have Panasonic uconnect in 2017 car. However, there are 2 cables that are simple to hang on the wiring harness and are not plugged in.

·
Registered
118 Posts
If anyone is till looking, Here is a 2020 Processor.
You still need a screen and cable but these seem the hardest to find.

This is the exact model I have in my '17

·
Registered
13 Posts

Hey
I just did my upgrade and I can't get carplay to work. Also there was no purple cable for me. Just white and Mustard.

My Pacifica is 2017 Limited with 8.4 screen, the one i got came from Pacifica 2018 8.4 screen.

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone ever checked the pins fro
The factory Fakra cable?

the replacement cable is a straight pin to pin, I wonder if there is a crossover in the factory cable that could just be rewired?

(don’t want to wait a month for a cable)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey
I just did my upgrade and I can't get carplay to work. Also there was no purple cable for me. Just white and Mustard.

My Pacifica is 2017 Limited with 8.4 screen, the one i got came from Pacifica 2018 8.4 screen.

Thanks
NVM, got it working. Had to pull the USB and Aux panel out and disconnect and reconnect the cables.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Limited
3 Posts
About to buy a 2017 hybrid and the one thing that bugs me is the no AA/Carplay so looks like I will be doing this swap. Dang the processors are hard to find cheap.

Anybody ordered a unit from LKQ? Do they send both needed parts from under the radio? They seem to show "display and receiver." Also will any 8.4 touchscreen work or does it need to be one that matches all the settings, navigation, satellite radio, telematics etc?

And will 2020 units definitely work? I saw someone mention they had issues with 2020.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
1,048 Posts
For the cost of updating parts, the price difference for a 2018 might be worth saving the hassle of doing the work to hunt down and install the update.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I did a 2019 radio and screen, separate items, and ordered the cable from e-bay. All went well for me. I went from base 17 radio to 8.4 Nav/carplay. I bought from LKQ.

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Limited
427 Posts
See response below.

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Limited
427 Posts
Just ran into this:
Don't walk, but RUN away from this guy !!..I bought this item from him for my 2017 before I did my switch over to 2019 unit. His customer service is dreadful and his product is even worse. Terrible graphics and will not even work at all with certain phones. Useless , take my word for it, don't bother ! Plus he tried to charge me a 25% restocking fee when I asked to return it because it did not work as advertised. He threatened that Amex would not refund me and that they would side with the vendor. Long story short, they did not, I think they had had run ins with his business previously. They reimbursed my full amount and I shipped the piece of junk back to him.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Limited
3 Posts
I have the ebay video cable needed to do the conversion if anyone needs it and wants US shipping. I ended up buying a 2021 and not needing the cable.

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica
5 Posts
Don't walk, but RUN away from this guy !!..I bought this item from him for my 2017 before I did my switch over to 2019 unit. His customer service is dreadful and his product is even worse. Terrible graphics and will not even work at all with certain phones. Useless , take my word for it, don't bother ! Plus he tried to charge me a 25% restocking fee when I asked to return it because it did not work as advertised. He threatened that Amex would not refund me and that they would side with the vendor. Long story short, they did not, I think they had had run ins with his business previously. They reimbursed my full amount and I shipped the piece of junk back to him.
Thank you for the heads up

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,
just trying to summarize what are my options to upgrade my 2017 Touring L 8.4" screen to Carplay. It seems there are 2 options:

1) Buy and install 68351931AH + fakra cable (~$1,000)

2) Buy and install C-UAV-RU + C-DISP-RU18 + C-INTLVDS-PAN from Infotainment (~$1,600)

Is this accurate? If yes, I'll lean towards option 1 and save some $.

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Limited
427 Posts
Hi,
just trying to summarize what are my options to upgrade my 2017 Touring L 8.4" screen to Carplay. It seems there are 2 options:

1) Buy and install 68351931AH + fakra cable (~$1,000)

2) Buy and install C-UAV-RU + C-DISP-RU18 + C-INTLVDS-PAN from Infotainment (~$1,600)

Is this accurate? If yes, I'll lean towards option 1 and save some $.
Option 3 is buy the receiver and screen used off eBay or LQK and probably save another $500 or so. That is what most of us have done. There are several different part numbers that are compatible. As long as its from a 2018 onward. The later the donor vehicle ,the more likely to have latest updates and NAV maps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Option 3 is buy the receiver and screen used off eBay or LQK and probably save another $500 or so. That is what most of us have done. There are several different part numbers that are compatible. As long as its from a 2018 onward. The later the donor vehicle ,the more likely to have latest updates and NAV maps.
Thank you.
How much should I expect to pay for these? $250 for the screen and $250 for the receiver?
My 2017 already has the 8.4" screen with NAV. Can I skip the screen, and just buy the receiver?

281 - 300 of 305 Posts