2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
321 - 340 of 365 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I took it to a dealer, and they said the radio wasn't compatible with my car.
I don’t believe it. What’s the model number of the radio, and build date of your car?
do you have the vin of the radio donor vehicle?
did you have an 8.4” screen before?
Could you post some pictures of the new unit?

i have a 06/2016 Pacifica and installed a 2020 radio. Worked just fine.
Asked for a pin, bought it on eBay for $5, and I was rolling.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I don’t believe it. What’s the model number of the radio, and build date of your car?
do you have the vin of the radio donor vehicle?
did you have an 8.4” screen before?
Could you post some pictures of the new unit?

Asked for a pin, bought it on eBay for $5, and I was rolling.
It is Part 68351931AH. It came from a 2018 Touring L with 8.4" Screen. I got the reciever and the radio togehter. I tried to place it in my 2017 Limited with 8.4" Screen (I used the screen and a new Farka Cable) I got a Canadian Car if that has any bearing.

When the radio is there, I get a "radio locked" message in the dash. No Uconnect, or Uconnect lock screen. I just get a black screen. If I turn the AC/HVAC knobs, I get a logo on the screen, and if I put the car in reverse I see the backup camera. Someone had this problem with an infotainment unit and they sent it in to get it fixed. When the car turns off, I see the winged chrysler logo.

The dealer said something about a Vin Mismatch which is why it is incompatible. Any ideas?

·
Registered
31 Posts
It is Part 68351931AH. It came from a 2018 Touring L with 8.4" Screen. I got the reciever and the radio togehter. I tried to place it in my 2017 Limited with 8.4" Screen (I used the screen and a new Farka Cable) I got a Canadian Car if that has any bearing.

When the radio is there, I get a "radio locked" message in the dash. No Uconnect, or Uconnect lock screen. I just get a black screen. If I turn the AC/HVAC knobs, I get a logo on the screen, and if I put the car in reverse I see the backup camera. Someone had this problem with an infotainment unit and they sent it in to get it fixed. When the car turns off, I see the winged chrysler logo.

The dealer said something about a Vin Mismatch which is why it is incompatible. Any ideas?
I have almost the same part as yours: 68351931AF built 09/17 installed on my 06/16 Pacifica, it worked fine.
You have a 2018 screen right? Which cables did you plug in/leave unplugged in the back of the radio?

did the dealer try to flash it, or just said it was incompatible?
Have you tried bringing up the dealer mode?
i think you have to hold on the two bottom corners of the screen (where apps are) for 10s to see it.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts

·
Super Moderator
991 Posts

I just want to make sure that you used the processor AND the screen from the donor car. It's been a few years but I initially only replaced the processor and only got the splash screen and nothing else. Once I replaced the screen I got the lockout info.

·
Registered
1 Posts
In case anyone else has a 2017 LX with RA2 4" screen, you cannot upgrade to a 8.4 inch screen as you do not have the power connection for the screen. You need a special custom cable/wiring harness that infotainment sells as part of their $2,000 package.

Based on previous reports in this thread, I should be able to upgrade to a UAG/7" screen, however.

If anyone is interested in a 2018 radio with navigation and Sirius XM as well as the Chinese FAKRA Z cable, I've the entire kit - everything you would need to upgrade (as long as you're upgrading from an 8.4" screen). Happy to sell at cost - $400. Feel free to PM if interested.

·
Registered
7 Posts
In case anyone else has a 2017 LX with RA2 4" screen, you cannot upgrade to a 8.4 inch screen as you do not have the power connection for the screen. You need a special custom cable/wiring harness that infotainment sells as part of their $2,000 package.

Based on previous reports in this thread, I should be able to upgrade to a UAG/7" screen, however.

If anyone is interested in a 2018 radio with navigation and Sirius XM as well as the Chinese FAKRA Z cable, I've the entire kit - everything you would need to upgrade (as long as you're upgrading from an 8.4" screen). Happy to sell at cost - $400. Feel free to PM if interested.
Send me a PM so we can discuss please

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just want to make sure that you used the processor AND the screen from the donor car. It's been a few years but I initially only replaced the processor and only got the splash screen and nothing else. Once I replaced the screen I got the lockout info.
The screen and the computer was from the same vehicle. The only thing I can think of is the donor car was a 2018 Toruing L, and that this is going into a 2017 Limited. I do believe the screen is the one that came with the donoor unit, as I was transferring it from the bezel and noticed the screen computer boards were different between the 2017 and 2018.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ok just an update. It turns out the Canadian VP4 is different from the US VP4. The Uconnect has regional differences (HD Radio, etc). I think the Canadian version has lesser features. I am guessing htis may be the reason why the Uconnect won't even boot up. My VP4 actually says VP4 CA.

This is my working guess!

·
Registered
2 Posts
There has to be someone techie and curious like me... Has anyone tried to swap a Uconnect 5 radio into a 2017-2020 Pacifica? I am currently running a 2020 radio in my 2017 and it works fabulous. I know late 2020 is when they came out with the Uconnect 5 in the Pacifica's so I'm just not sure if they changed the harness or not. If anyone is bored and doesn't mind taking a picture of the harness behind the radio I would be greatly appreciative. Otherwise I will have to go to my dealership and take a peek LOL 😂

Thanks!

·
Registered
31 Posts
There has to be someone techie and curious like me... Has anyone tried to swap a Uconnect 5 radio into a 2017-2020 Pacifica? I am currently running a 2020 radio in my 2017 and it works fabulous. I know late 2020 is when they came out with the Uconnect 5 in the Pacifica's so I'm just not sure if they changed the harness or not. If anyone is bored and doesn't mind taking a picture of the harness behind the radio I would be greatly appreciative. Otherwise I will have to go to my dealership and take a peek LOL 😂

Thanks!
Look at my previous post, a page or two before

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
358 Posts

Thanks!
Someone posted pics of the back side of a 2021 and the wire harness is totally redesigned. If it is possible a custom harness will be necessary.

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Limited
452 Posts

Thanks!
Reading through the comments on some of the Chrysler FB pages, it seems the Uconnect 5 system is riddled with problems and glitches.

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
358 Posts
Reading through the comments on some of the Chrysler FB pages, it seems the Uconnect 5 system is riddled with problems and glitches.
It is a totally redesigned system. From what I have read it is now based on Android OS. There’s bound to be problems. I’ve never been one to buy the first model year of anything. I’ll let them figure it out first.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ok. So it turns out the box ending in 1931 didn't work from me. The 1932 did. I am not sure if the boxes are interchangeable, or if it was because the second box was from a Canadian Car. Or maybe the 1932 is a Canadian part number?

·
Registered
2 Posts
PM sent.

321 - 340 of 365 Posts