2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
341 - 360 of 365 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I wanted to say thank you for all the research that you all did to get this info out there. I had a 2018 pacifica that was totaled and got a 2017 thinking it had the same features. I was wrong and wanted to take the van back after 24hrs. Found this forum and went the junkyard route and ordered the fakra cable. I have now AA just like the old van just as it should be.

One question though. The 2018 have wireless streaming\miracast. Even with the new unit I don't see the pacifica i4 like I did on the 2018 to cast to the rear screens. Is that a part of the rear screens or am I missing something to enable it.

·
Super Moderator
991 Posts
I wanted to say thank you for all the research that you all did to get this info out there. I had a 2018 pacifica that was totaled and got a 2017 thinking it had the same features. I was wrong and wanted to take the van back after 24hrs. Found this forum and went the junkyard route and ordered the fakra cable. I have now AA just like the old van just as it should be.

One question though. The 2018 have wireless streaming\miracast. Even with the new unit I don't see the pacifica i4 like I did on the 2018 to cast to the rear screens. Is that a part of the rear screens or am I missing something to enable it.
That should still be there. Go to wireless settings and make sure that wireless casting is checked on. It defaults to off a lot.

·
Registered
262 Posts

Some (maybe all?) 2017s didn't have miracast from the factory. Ours received it through a VRM (video routing module) update, not a head unit update.

Edit: Version 17.48.11 of the VRM software was what added it on ours.

Reactions: irpilot

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Thanks to all that provided a pathway to upgrade the 2017 Chrysler Pacifica Nav unit upgrade to accommodate CarPlay!
I purchased a 2017 RA4 (8.4" NAV) to UAV (8.4 NAV w/Auto & CarPlay upgrade kit from Infotainment. The installation, with the exception of struggling to get enough slack in the purple lead, went very well. The radio unlock code provided worked fine. After about an hour all my peripherals were all identified and seemed to work just fine. Along with that, I was able to change my Sat service from the old unit to the new one with no problems, except for the pleasant surprise that the new unit qualified for 1 year of premium service and 5 years traffic. Being curious, I decided to see if I needed a software update. Calling the usual uconnect help line eventually made me discover that they relied on a database of initial radio/nav installations to guide them on software updates. Therefore, what they initially told me about the proper software update was wrong... only applied to my old unit. When I called their uconnect support line, they basically said they could not help me, since they now consider my nav/radio as an "aftermarket unit", even thought it was manufactured by Chrysler Corporation. When I told them that I have software version 19.49.14, they still refused to tell me if it was current, and if not, what could be provided to me. Have any of you other "upgraders" had the same issue, and if so, have you made any headway with any required software update? Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Many thanks to everyone who contributed! I successfully upgraded my head unit to a 2019 version and wanted to give back by providing a US source for the FARKA cable. I am an electrical engineer, so I spent a bunch of time figuring out who makes the cable and the correct pinout.

Amphenol RF FARKA Cable Part Number: HSDSJZSJZ11-19

I purchased mine from Mouser. It was $55 shipped and arrived in two days (orderd on Friday and arrived on Sunday). It is important that you get that exact part number as there are similar parts, but the wiring pinout changes. Also, note that the photo at Mouser is not correct (it is a reference photo only), but the part number and drawing are correct.

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Limited
452 Posts
Many thanks to everyone who contributed! I successfully upgraded my head unit to a 2019 version and wanted to give back by providing a US source for the FARKA cable. I am an electrical engineer, so I spent a bunch of time figuring out who makes the cable and the correct pinout.

Amphenol RF FARKA Cable Part Number: HSDSJZSJZ11-19

I purchased mine from Mouser. It was $55 shipped and arrived in two days (orderd on Friday and arrived on Sunday). It is important that you get that exact part number as there are similar parts, but the wiring pinout changes. Also, note that the photo at Mouser is not correct (it is a reference photo only), but the part number and drawing are correct.
Good that someone found a source here, but When I ordered mine from ebay (China) it was only $20 and arrived in less than a week. That was before the whole Covid thing though !....May not be that fast anymore.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good that someone found a source here, but When I ordered mine from ebay (China) it was only $20 and arrived in less than a week. That was before the whole Covid thing though !....May not be that fast anymore.
Yes, this should only be used if you are in a time pinch like I was. When I looked they were 2 weeks out, which meant that I wouldn't get it in time for my vacation. Plus, I only paid 220 for the screen and receiver, so I felt like I could splurge on the cable.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Thanks to all that provided a pathway to upgrade the 2017 Chrysler Pacifica Nav unit upgrade to accommodate CarPlay!
I purchased a 2017 RA4 (8.4" NAV) to UAV (8.4 NAV w/Auto & CarPlay upgrade kit from Infotainment. The installation, with the exception of struggling to get enough slack in the purple lead, went very well. The radio unlock code provided worked fine. After about an hour all my peripherals were all identified and seemed to work just fine. Along with that, I was able to change my Sat service from the old unit to the new one with no problems, except for the pleasant surprise that the new unit qualified for 1 year of premium service and 5 years traffic. Being curious, I decided to see if I needed a software update. Calling the usual uconnect help line eventually made me discover that they relied on a database of initial radio/nav installations to guide them on software updates. Therefore, what they initially told me about the proper software update was wrong... only applied to my old unit. When I called their uconnect support line, they basically said they could not help me, since they now consider my nav/radio as an "aftermarket unit", even thought it was manufactured by Chrysler Corporation. When I told them that I have software version 19.49.14, they still refused to tell me if it was current, and if not, what could be provided to me. Have any of you other "upgraders" had the same issue, and if so, have you made any headway with any required software update? Thanks!
Just a quick update on my previous post. Failing to obtain any software update info over the phone, I went ahead and purchased a NAV map update. The NAV map update contained a second USB drive that was used to update my software version from 19.49.14 to 21.05.11, and the map version to "Content_NA_HM_19Q2", which was about two years newer than my old version (17Q4). The update process went quite well, which was a pleasant surprise.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Some (maybe all?) 2017s didn't have miracast from the factory. Ours received it through a VRM (video routing module) update, not a head unit update.

Edit: Version 17.48.11 of the VRM software was what added it on ours.

I checked everywhere in settings and the only wifi I see is for the hotspot. I can't find streaming anywhere. software version is 17.48.2a the donor head unit was from a 2018 limited. I went onto to see if there is a uconnect update but it says it's up to date on the site. W

@raindeerdad where did you obtain the nav map update that had the 2nd usb to update uconnect from? Is there anywhere else to obtain the files to put on a flash drive and do a manual update?

·
Registered
34 Posts
On LKQ, I noticed that they’re selling screen and receiver combined. Anyone know if that’s just the screen or does it include the processor as well?

·
Super Moderator
991 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
I checked everywhere in settings and the only wifi I see is for the hotspot. I can't find streaming anywhere. software version is 17.48.2a the donor head unit was from a 2018 limited. I went onto to see if there is a uconnect update but it says it's up to date on the site. W

@raindeerdad where did you obtain the nav map update that had the 2nd usb to update uconnect from? Is there anywhere else to obtain the files to put on a flash drive and do a manual update?
I went to the usual uconnect map update site ... Uconnect® | Navigation System GPS Map Update Home ... entered my Pacifica info, including my existing software issue taken from the 2018 display screen. When I received the package, it contained both a software update USB drive and the map update USB drive, along with an instruction booklet. I don't know where else you would obtain a software update. I tried the usual software update sites and the only information they would provide related to my old 2017 equipment. All they had was a database of VIN information keyed to the all the original equipment.

·
Registered
5 Posts
In addition to viewing their previous work, business owners should also take a tour of their own company's portfolio mlsdev.com/services/custom-software-development . Visiting a software development company's site gives an in-depth look at their past projects and capabilities. Business owners should be able to find a section where they can see complete specs for each software project in the portfolio since these projects represent a large portion of their business portfolio. Business owners should also be able to contact the company and discuss any questions they may have about their software development company. By communicating with a company over the phone or through email early on, a business owner helps establish a clear level of trust and demonstrates transparency in the application development process.

·
Super Moderator
991 Posts
the picture they included is of an 8.4 Which is weird. heres another one that’s an 8.4 for sure LKQOnline
That looks right but it's no longer available. Maybe you bought it?

341 - 360 of 365 Posts