2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
381 - 400 of 404 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
In my Pac was the Harman processor. This device was not Android Auto capable.
No 2017 Pacifica radio support Android auto/CarPlay. That’s why we are purchasing a unit from 2018-2020. My only concern is someone mentioned a 2020 didn’t work for him. Hopefully that’s just a defective product.

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Limited (Build 05/2016)
36 Posts
The Panasonic radios from the end of 2017 support Android Auto and Carplay. These were built into the cars that were then sold under model year 2018.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I was just in the garage :)

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
No 2017 Pacifica radio support Android auto/CarPlay. That’s why we are purchasing a unit from 2018-2020. My only concern is someone mentioned a 2020 didn’t work for him. Hopefully that’s just a defective product.
In post # 310 you can see the different devices.
And post # 323 should give you hope

·
Registered
50 Posts
In post # 310 you can see the different devices.
And post # 323 should give you hope
The gen 5 is 10.1 inch so I know this unit is 4th gen 2020 as it’s 8.4 (comes from a 2020 Limited). The person who had problems mentioned he has a Canadian vehicle so there may be a difference between US and Canadian vehicles.

In any case I’ll add to the knowledge once I get the units hopefully end of the week.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Parts came in. Two problems for me.

One the back up camera didn’t work. I’m not sure which cable is the one that feeds the camera.

The second problem was that after I unlocked the radio, the screen went black after I turned off the car. So I think the 2020 part is incompatible with the 2017.

I am going to look for 2018-2019 radio receiver instead. Before the black out everything was great except for the back up camera not turning on. Anyone know which color wire is the feed for the cameras?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi, do you still have the problem with the camera. It takes a while before the Uconnect displays all of the vehicle's settings.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Okay, that's not a good thing. You could ask a dealer whether he can teach the device to your vehicle (VIN)? Or a company that repairs these devices. I know that at Audi, for example, it is possible to set component protection to a different vehicle.

·
Registered
11 Posts
So LKQ only sent me the screen without processor. I called and they offered to send me a processor from a 2017! I promptly requested a refund. I’m not sure if LKQ can be trusted after this experience.
Yeah I specifically asked for “2018+, has to been 2018+, 2017 WILL NOT WORK”.

“Oh sure, yep we have that, $514 shipped. With nav ”

“Great I’ll take it. BTW can you send me vin just to verify” (lots have been advertising 7” as 8.4”).

Look up vin and it’s a 2017.

This isn’t a hard thing, but it’s also a very hard thing. I just want CarPlay!!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Okay, that's not a good thing. You could ask a dealer whether he can teach the device to your vehicle (VIN)? Or a company that repairs these devices. I know that at Audi, for example, it is possible to set component protection to a different vehicle.
Asked the dealer they have no idea how to do that. There is probably a way but anything that's not sanctioned by Chrysler means they don't know how to do it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yeah I specifically asked for “2018+, has to been 2018+, 2017 WILL NOT WORK”.

“Oh sure, yep we have that, $514 shipped. With nav ”

“Great I’ll take it. BTW can you send me vin just to verify” (lots have been advertising 7” as 8.4”).

Look up vin and it’s a 2017.

This isn’t a hard thing, but it’s also a very hard thing. I just want CarPlay!!!
You may have better luck with car-part.com. I just found a 2018 screen and processor for less than the amount quoted you by LKQ. I found the exact AH processor listed in this thread. Fingers crossed that my ordeal will be finally over.

·
Registered
50 Posts
You may have better luck with car-part.com. I just found a 2018 screen and processor for less than the amount quoted you by LKQ. I found the exact AH processor listed in this thread. Fingers crossed that my ordeal will be finally over.
Spoke too soon. They claimed they sold the unit the day before… Maybe infotainment bought it.

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Touring L (gas), Build Date: May 2016
15 Posts
Just wanted to share if anyone was looking at other solutions beside FCA head units

·
Registered
50 Posts
Still no luck? Seems like there’s quite a few listed, I can never get anyone to return my emails though.
i just received a 2018 unit in the mail. Unfortunately my unlock code will have to wait until tomorrow because I bought after 2230GMT.

What I can say is that the unit is different from the 2020 in that only the radio is locked without the code. Climate control and backup camera, settings, and apps all work. Keeping my fingers crossed that everything is good to go once I unlock.

I will be returning the 2020 unit tomorrow if everything works.

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
484 Posts
So will I lose uconnect access and WiFi?
If you had it before you should still have it. In my case I have a 2018 with a 7” screen so I do have Apple CarPlay/Android auto. But no wifi even if I upgrade to the 8.4” screen I will never get wifi.

381 - 400 of 404 Posts