2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
401 - 404 of 404 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Success!

so the 2020 has a VIN lock but the 2018 doesn’t.

I used the screen from the 2020 and the radio from a 2018. The screen is a dumb device and any unit will do as long as it supports the new resolution. My radio doesn’t support GPS so the purple cable isn’t used. If your unit has NAV then the purple wire can be reused.

my radio part is part number 68308807AH which is the non-NAV version of the one everyone recommends. The upgraded version has HD radio which is an improvement over my old 2017. And of course CarPlay. Totally worth it.

I bought the unlock code here: RADIO CODE CHRYSLER 7 JEEP DODGE T00BE TM9 STEREO CODES UNLOCK FAST SERVICE | eBay

I saved over 1k going the non-infotainment path. It would’ve been cheaper had I not wasted shipping cost buying the 2020 radio. Avoid the 2020 radio and look for the 2018 to 2019.

·
Registered
2017 Limited in Jazz Blue Pearl
3 Posts
I'm looking to do this upgrade (own a 2017 Limited Pacifica with 8.4 inch screen Nav... heated and cooled seats), my questions are do I retain the heated/cooled seats controls and is there a difference between the 2018-2020 8.4 screens themselves as far as resolution goes? I know the brain unit requires more work to get the 2020 to work so I would like a 2018 or 2019 brain unit and perhaps a 2020 screen. I tried going through each page previously to see if I could find those answers definitively before I posted here. Thank you in advance for your help and information.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm looking to do this upgrade (own a 2017 Limited Pacifica with 8.4 inch screen Nav... heated and cooled seats), my questions are do I retain the heated/cooled seats controls and is there a difference between the 2018-2020 8.4 screens themselves as far as resolution goes? I know the brain unit requires more work to get the 2020 to work so I would like a 2018 or 2019 brain unit and perhaps a 2020 screen. I tried going through each page previously to see if I could find those answers definitively before I posted here. Thank you in advance for your help and information.
I retained heated wheels and seats control on mine.

·
Registered
2017 Limited in Jazz Blue Pearl
3 Posts
I retained heated wheels and seats control on mine.
Next question, what is the exact part number for a 2019 8.4 radio with nav and perhaps a 2020 screen? Trying to source parts, have read this thread back to front but am getting part numbers mixed up and I think I have a Canadian vehicle bc my Vin starts with a C... please help, I don't really want to fork over so much money to infotainment for this upgrade...

401 - 404 of 404 Posts