2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to work part-time at our local deanship after retirement and one of the perks is I can go in anytime to wash our Pacifica and Ram if the wash bay is empty. Yesterday I ran out to the dealership to wash several days of pollen and dust off our Pacifica. When I went to back out of the wash bay, the screen did not revert to a rear view. I went to the apps and tried activating the back up camera, but nothing. I would shift to all the other apps, but would not engage a rear view on the screen.

Over the past 4 years there were maybe two other times when the screen became glitchy, usually just remaining black and unresponsive. I had read that with any computer the first thing to do is reboot. Both other times I disconnected the battery, let it sit for 5-10 minutes and reconnect. Both times - problem solved. So I headed home, disconnected the battery, stepped on the brake pedal a couple times and reconnected. NOTHING! Then I did a factory reset in the settings. NOTHING. Many apps were now missing too!

I headed back to the deanship to schedule an appointment. My regular guy was on the phone and I got the "new guy." He seemed nice, but oh so young. I told him everything I had done and his response was that I could get in the next day and they would check out the camera and the head unit. He did warn me that camera are on backorder and if a radio was available, it would take a week to 10 days at least. I schedule an appt. and as I was leaving, he offered to look at it just the same.

I handed him the fob, got in the passenger seat while he walked around to the driver's seat. He got in, started the engine, shifted into reverse and of course everything was back to normal. The only thing missing was was favorites from the phone setting.

His explanation was that it probably took the 10-15 minutes from the time I reconnected the battery for all the factory apps to reappear. Today, everything was still working as expected. We've got 44 months and 60K miles remaining on our MaxCare, so I guess we'll just hold our breath that it was just a glitch!

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Touring L (9/2016 Build)
2,616 Posts
I used to work part-time at our local deanship after retirement and one of the perks is I can go in anytime to wash our Pacifica and Ram if the wash bay is empty. Yesterday I ran out to the dealership to wash several days of pollen and dust off our Pacifica. When I went to back out of the wash bay, the screen did not revert to a rear view. I went to the apps and tried activating the back up camera, but nothing. I would shift to all the other apps, but would not engage a rear view on the screen.

Over the past 4 years there were maybe two other times when the screen became glitchy, usually just remaining black and unresponsive. I had read that with any computer the first thing to do is reboot. Both other times I disconnected the battery, let it sit for 5-10 minutes and reconnect. Both times - problem solved. So I headed home, disconnected the battery, stepped on the brake pedal a couple times and reconnected. NOTHING! Then I did a factory reset in the settings. NOTHING. Many apps were now missing too!

I headed back to the deanship to schedule an appointment. My regular guy was on the phone and I got the "new guy." He seemed nice, but oh so young. I told him everything I had done and his response was that I could get in the next day and they would check out the camera and the head unit. He did warn me that camera are on backorder and if a radio was available, it would take a week to 10 days at least. I schedule an appt. and as I was leaving, he offered to look at it just the same.

I handed him the fob, got in the passenger seat while he walked around to the driver's seat. He got in, started the engine, shifted into reverse and of course everything was back to normal. The only thing missing was was favorites from the phone setting.

His explanation was that it probably took the 10-15 minutes from the time I reconnected the battery for all the factory apps to reappear. Today, everything was still working as expected. We've got 44 months and 60K miles remaining on our MaxCare, so I guess we'll just hold our breath that it was just a glitch!
Thanks for a possible solution to a glitch.

If you update your van info (with at least the year) in the signature line it may help us if you have a question in the future.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for a possible solution to a glitch.

If you update your van info (with at least the year) in the signature line it may help us if you have a question in the future.
I can see my signature but it apparently isn't visible to others.????? Our Pacifica is a 2018 Touring L Plus S Package.

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
I can see my signature but it apparently isn't visible to others.????? Our Pacifica is a 2018 Touring L Plus S Package.
That is because you have it spaced out several times below your first entry.

Reactions: Enrico Henry
1 - 5 of 5 Posts