2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

Interesting hood close switch "Glitch"

8K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  drsammy 
#1 ·
Just wanted to note in case anyone else runs across this...

On my brand new 2021 Pacifica Hybrid Pinnacle I had opened the hood to check the coolant levels as they are notorious for coming from the factory under filled. The car had been garaged for a little over a week due to the snowpocalypse in Texas and was plugged into a level two charger.

After closing the hood and not thinking about it, and after having several power outages which caused the "goal post" error on the charge level indicator on the dash (because the EVSE was plugged in but there was no power) the car was consistently giving the Hood Open error and wouldn't charge even though the hood was closed. I, of course, assumed a problem with the switch, had someone press it down manually, made sure the socket for the switch was plugged in and to no avail the message would not clear.

Finally today I open the garage door (since we have power now), unplugged the EVSE, and started the car to warm it up. This seemed to do the trick and the problem was solved.

Not sure what corner-case I was hitting to cause this issue but I wanted to make this known in case someone else runs across this "glitch." Maybe its a feature ;), who knows.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
I had the same issue on a 2021 as well, what is the reason for this? I see no logic why the car would make you start it after opening the hood, but since we are both having this issue, it must be intentional, right?

#3 ·
Oh my goodness! I have a brand new 2022 PacHybrid and the same thing happened to me. It's not too cold today. It's about 45 or so F. The car was fine, but we opened the hood to show our friend. Everything seemed fine. We didn't plug it in right away because I forgot. When I went to plug it in a few hours later, I noticed a strange alarm. It seem like it was coming from the hood. I opened up the hood again to see, and sure enough it was coming from somewhere in the engine compartment. We turned the car to ACC and then to OFF and the alarm went away. When we tried to plug it in, it complained about the hood being open. I reopened the hood and tried again. No dice, the van complained about the hood being opened. With the hood opened, we turned the car all the way on and then turned it back off. That seemed to do the trick. Car started charging again when I plugged it in. The kicker? The second time I plugged the car in (after starting and stoping the car for a second time) I didn't touch the hood. So... very strange. This is a 2022 touring model. It looks like this is two years in a row.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.