2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Limited
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With the dash light LEDS being blue, it seemed that the other LED should also be blue. There are some LED lights in the front door handle cups and the front door storage bins ( you are forgiven if you never noticed them...they are pretty weak). So today ,I began to switch out those weak LED's for some brighter Blue ones. Have just done the door handle cups for now, but will get to the storage bins soon. These only come on when door is opened or when driving lights are turned on. They now match the blue from the instrument cluster perfectly, and are far more visible both in daytime and especially at night. Also blends in with my blue LED cup halos.

Reactions: GalPal and sellr324

·
Registered
57 Posts
I love it! My brother told me to do just shortly after we purchased the van. Curious as to what kind of led is it? Are they soldered on a board or it is a direct swap? Anyways it looks great just like all of your other work.

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Limited
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Update

Update.....With Top and bottom LED and Handle bezel wrapped in white gloss vinyl. Hard to show in photo, looks much better in person. real nice blue glow from under the armrest.

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Limited
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just keeps getting better. Looks very good to me.
Thanks !......Just got in from an evening trip.......the cabin just looks so cool with the blue LED's all glowing now at night !

·
Registered
325 Posts
Just wondering though

I have the Touring L and I do not think all of those positions have LEDs. I know the cup holders are not lit but the door cups are. I will have to look later this morning after breakfast to see what I can do.

Touring L must only have door cups and and overhead console lit. I want to brighten the door cups and try to illuminate the door pockets. The lighting I can do but could use advice on how to disassemble the door interior to access the lights. Any help?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I plan on doing this too. My 2016 T&C had the blue led's all over, looked awesome with dual overhead screen setup... I was disappointed with the change in lighting for the 2018 Pacifica Limited...

Could you share the bulb info and/or any custom instructions you figured out?

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Limited
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can you please tell us how did you do that? what type of bulbs did you use? how? anything...
I just removed the door panel, then it was easy to locate the factory LED modules in the door and remove them. I replaced with some 5mm blue LED bulbs that I got from Amazon and the bottom pocket I used a Micro LED strip from PEP boys.

I have the Touring L and I do not think all of those positions have LEDs. I know the cup holders are not lit but the door cups are. I will have to look later this morning after breakfast to see what I can do.

Touring L must only have door cups and and overhead console lit. I want to brighten the door cups and try to illuminate the door pockets. The lighting I can do but could use advice on how to disassemble the door interior to access the lights. Any help?
There is a retainig screw behind the handle in the door cup (remove the plastic cover) and also under the small rubber mat in the armrest, then its just prying off the panel with a plastic pry tool.

I plan on doing this too. My 2016 T&C had the blue led's all over, looked awesome with dual overhead screen setup... I was disappointed with the change in lighting for the 2018 Pacifica Limited...

Could you share the bulb info and/or any custom instructions you figured out?
As above.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007O21Z5Q/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pilot-Automotive-20-LED-Micro-Lite-Blue-CZ3116B/161997290390?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

·
Registered
325 Posts
That looks like what we need. Since my door pocket has no lighting, I will connect to the door cup circuit. They still dim ok?

I assume you trimmed the 20" LED strip. Do you just solder to it? I didn't see wires on the photo.

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Limited
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Are you sure you have no lighting down there ? feel along the bottom edge to see if the small opening is there. The light is so dim ,you might not see it ! When you get the door panel off, you will be able to see if there is wiring there for it. I did shorten the LED strip and I used posi-taps to connect wiring. I now recovered the panels in satin brushed blue ans added speaker cloth covers.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Checked again tonight. The door cups light but the door pocket has a slot but no light. As noted in the signature I have a Touring L and that must be something I did not get. If the light runs off the door cup circuit, I suppose I can tap into it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
With the dash light LEDS being blue, it seemed that the other LED should also be blue. There are some LED lights in the front door handle cups and the front door storage bins ( you are forgiven if you never noticed them...they are pretty weak). So today ,I began to switch out those weak LED's for some brighter Blue ones. Have just done the door handle cups for now, but will get to the storage bins soon. These only come on when door is opened or when driving lights are turned on. They now match the blue from the instrument cluster perfectly, and are far more visible both in daytime and especially at night. Also blends in with my blue LED cup halos.

LOVE THIS. I just bought a 2019 today and am hoping you can tell me where you got the lights? I’ve been searching for some blue replacement bulbs and don’t know what I’m looking for really. Can you share?

·
Registered
375 Posts
LOVE THIS. I just bought a 2019 today and am hoping you can tell me where you got the lights? I’ve been searching for some blue replacement bulbs and don’t know what I’m looking for really. Can you share?
Ah, i see you found one of the threads. Good on ya. Hope you enjoy this and all the other troves of great info.

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Limited
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Its not really a "plug and play" bulb replacement. The LED lights that are in there are plug in modules that run off low voltage. I replaced with small LED bulbs in the cups and Put LED strips on the bottom. The strips were too much draw, so I tapped into a 12v constant in the door and ran a LED controller to run those strips and two more that I put under the front seats to light the rear area..........................

1 - 16 of 16 Posts