2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone. I have a 2018 PacHy Touring L with 1600 miles on it. The 2nd row interior buttons to open/close my sliding doors are not working. They used to work but they stopped about 3 weeks ago. All other controls for the doors (the overhead buttons, the FOB, and the exterior buttons) seem to work, just not the interior 2nd row buttons. I'm assuming that it's a malfunction, but I thought that it could be a safety feature. Does anyone have any thoughts? Thanks.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hello Everyone. I have a 2018 PacHy Touring L with 1600 miles on it. The 2nd row interior buttons to open/close my sliding doors are not working. They used to work but they stopped about 3 weeks ago. All other controls for the doors (the overhead buttons, the FOB, and the exterior buttons) seem to work, just not the interior 2nd row buttons. I'm assuming that it's a malfunction, but I thought that it could be a safety feature. Does anyone have any thoughts? Thanks.
The people below are right. If it's the buttons, then the button lock is activated. When it's locked, the blue light comes on in the pic below. Push that button to unlock and the blue light turns off.

If it's just the interior door handles, then someone activated your rear child safety door lock switch.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Check the center overhead button. If the blue light is on, then the power to those switches is off from the 2nd row switches. It is easy to bump it accidentally. Press the button again so that the light goes off and you might have power to the 2nd row switches.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts

I had this “issue “ in the past and found the solution was so simple. My wife had accidentally pushed the button to deactivate those switches. “Blue light on top” is the key.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
819 Posts
I had this “issue “ in the past and found the solution was so simple. My wife had accidentally pushed the button to deactivate those switches. “Blue light on top” is the key.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes -- location is not really "friendly" -- you would think the liftgate open/close button (at least on the 2017s) would be between the two door buttons like on the T & C. It's easy to hit the wrong one and lock out the door without realizing it. Had this discussion on another thread and opinion was split on the layout logic.......

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to all! Yes, that was absolutely it. I had tried the child door/window lock button on the driver door before posting, but I didnt realize that there was a second one in the overhead buttons. Bingo. It was good to have an easy solution, for once.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts