2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm currently in a silly predicament that I could use your assistance with. My vacuum was not installed when i took delivery of the vehicle and when i installed it, i realized i had slid the "extension" line into the port, and not the proper attachment line. I figured, what the heck, might as well try, and it fit, but it won't seal properly, so i decided to push it back out the way i pushed it in.

Bad idea.

Now its stuck halfway along the way and i can't get it to go in or out. Has anyone run into this issue and was able to get it out? I am increasingly frustrated with my situation since I'm in Korea and this vehicle is not released here, meaning that there are little to no service techs that know how to work on this car. If anyone has access to a service manual or techs that know how to get it out, I'd be greatly appreciative!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Can you remove the interior trim panel to gain access? I'm not familiar with the vacuum, but there should be a way to pull off the interior panel to get access to that area. May have to unbolt the seat belts, but you should be able to pull the panel.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you remove the interior trim panel to gain access? I'm not familiar with the vacuum, but there should be a way to pull off the interior panel to get access to that area. May have to unbolt the seat belts, but you should be able to pull the panel.
That's what I figured as well; when i pulled on the panel slightly, it appeared to have been a simple snap in procedure, but i've thought that before and broken things much to my chagrin. I'd like to make sure I have proof that it's a simple pull before i attempt to break anything like i'm so used to doing.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had a similar experience, though I never had the extension hose completely stuck inside the conduit, it was always fairly loose in there, the problem was I couldn't pull it out.

There is a release tab on the extension hose that makes the end of it a bit larger and therefore it barely fits inside that conduit. VERY poor design by the way, they should have somehow differentiated between the extension and the main hose. Or made the extension attachment significantly thicker so there won't be any chance of fitting it into that conduit.

Anyways, what I ended up doing was rotate the hose until the release tab was at the right angle (no idea where it needs to be exactly) where apparently there was more room in the conduit and then the hose actually slid out pretty easily.

The way I rotated it was from the back (from the vac opening by the rear hatch door). I rotated it, trying to rotate the other end simulatnuously so it doesn't just twist inside the conduit, and then tried to pull it out again. After a couple of tries, it actually came loose pretty easily.

If yours is stuck inside the conduit, you might want to find some semi-flexible long tool that you can stick in there (from the rear end) and give it a good push.

Good luck!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a similar experience, though I never had the extension hose completely stuck inside the conduit, it was always fairly loose in there, the problem was I couldn't pull it out.

There is a release tab on the extension hose that makes the end of it a bit larger and therefore it barely fits inside that conduit. VERY poor design by the way, they should have somehow differentiated between the extension and the main hose. Or made the extension attachment significantly thicker so there won't be any chance of fitting it into that conduit.

Anyways, what I ended up doing was rotate the hose until the release tab was at the right angle (no idea where it needs to be exactly) where apparently there was more room in the conduit and then the hose actually slid out pretty easily.

The way I rotated it was from the back (from the vac opening by the rear hatch door). I rotated it, trying to rotate the other end simulatnuously so it doesn't just twist inside the conduit, and then tried to pull it out again. After a couple of tries, it actually came loose pretty easily.

If yours is stuck inside the conduit, you might want to find some semi-flexible long tool that you can stick in there (from the rear end) and give it a good push.

Good luck!
Thanks for the tips, Echo! I was able to get mine out, albeit it was in 2 pieces since i tore the elastic casing on the hose, but at least it's out and the proper hose is connected. I'm not sure if I can get any help on this one from Chrysler, but I'll make a claim when I go in for a replacement headphone for my UConnect system in the near future.

Cheers!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts