2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm experiencing issues with charging though the number of Chargepoint Level2 stations at work. We have a waitlist system that assign station randomly, so I don't have enough stats to blame a specific station. I would say during a month of charging I had 50% of successful sessions where charging graph would go to 5.9kw level and stay there during ~2hour period without any interruptions until battery is fully charged.

The rest of the sessions either start normally and after a while experience interruption or begin with some kind of issues right away. In both cases it eventually stop charging. When I come to the car to check I see no error message - it simply sitting there with black screen. When I press start button it shows green plugged-in indicator, but it looks like Chargepoint station is not dispensing electricity anymore and there is no charging happening. After I unplug and reactivate Chargepoint (starting new session essentially) it would continue to charge normally. Until another failure.

I contacted Chargepoint support and they are investigating. But it looks like Pacifica's specific problem because we have bunch of Teslas and Leafs here that seems to have no issues like this. Could it be that they are handling 6.6kw limit enforced by Chargepoint more intelligently?
Anybody else here with similar issues? Should I contact Chrysler?

I'm still using 120V charger at home, so I can't cross check the issue there. I didn't experience any problems on other public Level2 stations, but I only had few sessions so far.

Charging graphs attached.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
just noticed same thing happen

I had never seen this issue until after I had the on board charging unit replaced last month, as far as I can tell. I have seen this happen at 2 charge point stations this past week, but not at a variety of other ChargePoint stations, like my spouse's work or others. At first I thought it had to be the specific charging stations until I saw your note, now not so sure. If I run across this issue again I'll update, and may try the same charger that this happened at to test, but it isn't local to me. I have not seen a charging session go incomplete at non-chargepoint stations.

I'm experiencing issues with charging though the number of Chargepoint Level2 stations at work. We have a waitlist system that assign station randomly, so I don't have enough stats to blame a specific station. I would say during a month of charging I had 50% of successful sessions where charging graph would go to 5.9kw level and stay there during ~2hour period without any interruptions until battery is fully charged.

The rest of the sessions either start normally and after a while experience interruption or begin with some kind of issues right away. In both cases it eventually stop charging. When I come to the car to check I see no error message - it simply sitting there with black screen. When I press start button it shows green plugged-in indicator, but it looks like Chargepoint station is not dispensing electricity anymore and there is no charging happening. After I unplug and reactivate Chargepoint (starting new session essentially) it would continue to charge normally. Until another failure.

I contacted Chargepoint support and they are investigating. But it looks like Pacifica's specific problem because we have bunch of Teslas and Leafs here that seems to have no issues like this. Could it be that they are handling 6.6kw limit enforced by Chargepoint more intelligently?

I'm still using 120V charger at home, so I can't cross check the issue there. I didn't experience any problems on other public Level2 stations, but I only had few sessions so far.

Thanks!

·
Registered
697 Posts

Thanks!
Just a quick point. The grocery store that we frequent has four ChargePoint chargers (free). We go sometimes on Mondays or Wednesdays for the all-you-can-eat salad bar and I plug in the van. I’ve probably plugged in there maybe two dozen times over the last 6-8 months and never had a problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts