2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from Tampa Bay, Florida

I am a 25 year old single professional male trapped in the body of a retired 68 year old married father of 5 adult children.

My wife and I have done four Camping trips around the USA and one in Canada.

Equipment: We have camped in a pop-up truck camper, a "Slider" truck camper, a Class B Van and a Class C camper. This year we decided to sell our Class C and went with camping in our 2019 Chrysler Pacifica L. Things we did to prepare the Chrysler Pacifica L for camping:

1. Dark window tint.
2. Purchased Window kit (Completely blocks snooping passersby.)
3. Twin foam mattress.
4. Folding Mattress. (Also can be used across front seats)
5. Portable potty (5 gallon bucket with fitted potty lid.)
6. 10 x 10 Canopy tent and 10 x 12 Canopy.
7. Deep cycle battery with Minnkota battery cover. Comes with two 12 volt adapters.
8. Removed and stored 2nd seat. (The L model came with a bench seat that had no stow and Go feature.)
Our experience was mostly positive. Loved the MPG. We consistently got 28 mpg on the highway. Because it was so much more comfortable to drive I found I was willing to drive farther. (Driving my RV was exhausting and stressful. causing me to not enjoy traveling.) The downside was obvious: Space was at a premium.

I'm currently happy with our 2019 Pacifica. If I have a complaint it is about the Cellphone map connectivity. The Uconnect feature fails. A LOT. I don't even bother any more. I simply set up my Cell phone and don't bother with the Uconnect for travel. It is a known issue but is not covered after 12K miles. :(

Well, that's me! Any advice is welcome.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Greetings from Tampa Bay, Florida

I am a 25 year old single professional male trapped in the body of a retired 68 year old married father of 5 adult children.

My wife and I have done four Camping trips around the USA and one in Canada.

Equipment: We have camped in a pop-up truck camper, a "Slider" truck camper, a Class B Van and a Class C camper. This year we decided to sell our Class C and went with camping in our 2019 Chrysler Pacifica L. Things we did to prepare the Chrysler Pacifica L for camping:

1. Dark window tint.
2. Purchased Window kit (Completely blocks snooping passersby.)
3. Twin foam mattress.
4. Folding Mattress. (Also can be used across front seats)
5. Portable potty (5 gallon bucket with fitted potty lid.)
6. 10 x 10 Canopy tent and 10 x 12 Canopy.
7. Deep cycle battery with Minnkota battery cover. Comes with two 12 volt adapters.
8. Removed and stored 2nd seat. (The L model came with a bench seat that had no stow and Go feature.)
Our experience was mostly positive. Loved the MPG. We consistently got 28 mpg on the highway. Because it was so much more comfortable to drive I found I was willing to drive farther. (Driving my RV was exhausting and stressful. causing me to not enjoy traveling.) The downside was obvious: Space was at a premium.

I'm currently happy with our 2019 Pacifica. If I have a complaint it is about the Cellphone map connectivity. The Uconnect feature fails. A LOT. I don't even bother any more. I simply set up my Cell phone and don't bother with the Uconnect for travel. It is a known issue but is not covered after 12K miles. :(

Well, that's me! Any advice is welcome.
Welcome to the forum. If you put your van info in the signature line of the account settings it will show up at the bottom of all your posts. The build date is on the edge of the driver's door if interested.
Here's a link to a camping with a Pacfica thread for some more ideas.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Welcome to the group.

We’re mid -sixties ourselves, who moved from tent camping, to class B, to truck camper (my favorite) and now have a small travel trailer. I’ve been considering our new Pacifica for traveling and camping light, and had the towing group added. The TT has a garage for carrying our toys (bikes and canoes), but it’s not as easy to stop and enjoy places along the route. SO we’re currently looking at possibilities for carrying two solo canoes on top. Might just go with a canoe trailer, but we’ll see.

Look forward to swapping ideas with you. There are a lot of good ‘rubber teams’ forums online, as well. People living in converted vehicles have a lot of good ideas.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts