2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is it just me or are the 2022 steering wheels ugly? Glad my 2021 doesn't look like this.

·
Registered
433 Posts
If that's the Pinnacle / Limited steering wheel then I don't care how it looks it's good that they got rid of that **** metal strip.

On the 2017-2021 models the metal strip makes heated steering wheel downright useless. It's freezing cold in -10F weather and stays cold for 10 minutes.

It also seems to mess with the temperature sensors and makes the steering wheel heater stay on much longer than it should.

So you end up with part of your steering wheel burning hot and other parts of your steering wheel freezing cold.

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I have the metal ring around mine and did in my 2018. Never had any issue with it or the heated wheel. In both of mine, the heat was high, low, or off. It never turned off unless I shut it off. If it auto shut off on its own I would be POd.

This is a limited/pinnacle 2022. Better but still ugly.

·
Registered
2021 PacHy Pinnacle
49 Posts
Ditching the metal ring is a huge improvement IMO. I haven't noticed it causing issues with my heated steering wheel, but it is annoying that it says freezing cold for 5 minutes or so after the rest of the wheel is already nice and warm.

·
Registered
365 Posts
FCA standardized quite a few of the steering wheels. Is it weird that I like a Journey steering wheel because the Speed Control is on a stalk? I know by feel to use it. Eventually I would muscle memorize the current style occasionally doing a double check by taking my eyes off the road for 0.3 seconds. I just like the function of that gaudy cruise controller.
Any past favorites, people?
I think I remember being fond of the feel of the leather steering wheel the 03-04 Town & Country for the few times I was in one. Maybe because it was unique and new to me. It glided in my hand but certainly was a bit heavy compared to newer models.

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Speaking of controls on the steering wheel.

The MOST annoying thing about Chrysler from my T&C to the two Pacificas I have owned is the freaking backward volume and channels switches on the back of the steering wheels. Volume on ALL radios for decades has been on the left and channel on the right. Even the current manual control knobs on the Pacificas are in the correct positions, but some engineer dufus at Chrysler can't seem to keep this concept on the steering wheel controls.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I like the metal ring, but I don't think any of the wheels posted are ugly

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Ugly no , but just too boring
Its a steering wheel in a mid-trim mainstream minivan. if you expect it to look "exciting", you're expecting too much,

Its a nice, thick, leather wrapped steering wheel.

And to compare it to the 17-21 Pacificas, its the exact same steering wheel lol, the Limited and Pinnacle just no longer have the metal ring.

·
Registered
108 Posts
the freaking backward volume and channels switches on the back of the steering wheels. Volume on ALL radios for decades has been on the left and channel on the right.
Yeah, use the volume toggle on the back-right of the wheel, or lean your hand 2 inches and use the actual volume knob. (I contemplated pulling the wheel to flip the switches around, alas, not interested enough...)

·
Registered
4,417 Posts
Its a steering wheel in a mid-trim mainstream minivan. if you expect it to look "exciting", you're expecting too much,

Its a nice, thick, leather wrapped steering wheel.

And to compare it to the 17-21 Pacificas, its the exact same steering wheel lol, the Limited and Pinnacle just no longer have the metal ring.
The wheel skin , stitching and ring are different , hence the boring look .

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
The wheel skin , stitching and ring are different , hence the boring look .
Compared to a sub Limited older model?

The only difference is the silver plastic trim vs gloss black

Reactions: freddief73

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Speaking of controls on the steering wheel.

The MOST annoying thing about Chrysler from my T&C to the two Pacificas I have owned is the freaking backward volume and channels switches on the back of the steering wheels. Volume on ALL radios for decades has been on the left and channel on the right. Even the current manual control knobs on the Pacificas are in the correct positions, but some engineer dufus at Chrysler can't seem to keep this concept on the steering wheel controls.
My Mercedes has the volume on the right, same as the Pacifica. Its all what manufacturers you're used to.

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My Mercedes has the volume on the right, same as the Pacifica. Its all what manufacturers you're used to.
They also drive on the opposite side of the roads over there too. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: Jerith

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Older wheels had 2 tone leather and the trim ring .That wheel with interior looks out of place
Only Limiteds. The Touring and below Pacificas just had a plain leather wheel like you posted from the beginning. Perhaps its different for the Hybrid, but in the gas Pacifica the wheel you posted in the first post is the same wheel the Pacifica always had unless it was a Limited.

They also drive on the opposite side of the roads over there too. 😂
Uh, no they don't lol. Germans drive on the same side of the road we do, and their cars are LHD just like ours. All of continental Europe drives on the right, only the UK drives on the left.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts