2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my 2018 hybrid, comfort, utility, summer MPG. the list goes on. Now onto the second or third recall for saftey, one being a fire and now a control arm, why do I want to drive my kids in this?

·
Registered
187 Posts
I love my 2018 hybrid, comfort, utility, summer MPG. the list goes on. Now onto the second or third recall for saftey, one being a fire and now a control arm, why do I want to drive my kids in this?
Here is my thinking on the matter. While not desirable, these recalls are more of an inconvenience than any real safety risk. The real risks to your children originate from careless, texting, and intoxicated drivers, random chance, and frankly your own imperfections as a driver. Trading in the Pacifica does nothing to alter the likelihood of those events occurring, and they are far, far, far more probable than an accident resulting from a recall item. Given that the Pacifica has very good crash protection ratings, and especially if you have the advanced safety tech package, the majority of other vehicles out there strike me as likely to be a step backwards in safety relative to the Pacifica.

I looked at the NHTSA website and there is one complaint on a 2017 Pacifica that looks like some kind of suspension failure, but none on 2018 or 2019 models. So whatever this suspension recall addresses - I can’t find any real information - it doesn’t seem to be common enough to have generated any public complaints to our government safety watchdog, or on this forum either.

Now if the recalls are too inconvenient, or your particular van is not sufficiently reliable, that is different.

·
Registered
471 Posts
You might want to google search vehicle recalls from all manufacturers. If you think your going to buy a car with no issues or recalls today your sadly thinking wrong . Manufacturers are rushing to get next best thing to market and with most tech and as consumers were asking more and more of our cars . It’s really a double wdge sword .

·
Registered
502 Posts
How many confirmed fires have resulted from the defect fixed "fire" recall? How many injuries? How many deaths?

How many confirmed accidents have resulted from the defect fixed by the control arm recall? How many injuries? How many deaths?

Before you go spending thousands on a reactionary trade you may want to spend some time researching first.

Your post feels like the typically clickbait on most news sites. Are you a "journalist?" :)

P.S. When you find the vehicle manufacturer that has never had a recall, please let me know who it is.

·
Registered
334 Posts
It is really easy to make a mountain out of an anthill when reading some of these recalls. Step back and look at perspective… How many people have actually been injured because of them? Remember we are talking a mass market van with over 200,000 in sales to date.

You are probably more likely to be struck by lightning than get hurt over a recalled issue.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Seriously? You may want to do your homework first. Honda, Toyota, etc have all see a rash of safety recalls in recent years. Look at crash test results for other vans vs. Pacifica. Maybe give up driving altogether and keep kids at home in bubble wrap.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts