2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at purchasing a 2019 Chrysler Pacifica with the touring L plus package, advance safety package, and 8 seats. Sticker is $43,115 my price is $36,100 plus TTL with 0% for 60 months. The dealership is located in Houston Texas. Please let me know your thoughts. thanks

·
Registered
364 Posts
I am looking at purchasing a 2019 Chrysler Pacifica with the touring L plus package, advance safety package, and 8 seats. Sticker is $43,115 my price is $36,100 plus TTL with 0% for 60 months. The dealership is located in Houston Texas. Please let me know your thoughts. thanks
I had a boss that told me it doesnt matter what anyone else thinks - if you're happy with it then its a good deal. 0% is unheard of these days

·
Registered
206 Posts
I know Canadian prices only. You are getting pretty good savings when you include the interest you are skipping for the zero percent rate. Saving $4000-ish plus the 7000. Though it only lowers the price by that 7000.

If this was Canadian numbers and those two options are the only ones, a Touring L + is about $52,400CDN. Dealer cost at 49,200CDN. Official Consumer Cash discount is 7,000. MSRP drops to 45,400. Dealer cost is at 42,200 after all discounts. 3.99 on the 45,400 gets about 5,000 interest. So it is a savings towards total ownership but not your purchase price.

Is the discount/rebate shown? Ask how much the discount is so you can find out if they are discounting anything themselves. If it works out to full MSRP it could be worth keeping the quote in hand for the next stop at another dealer to see if they are full price as well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Seems like a reasonable price. If you can get a tdm rebate (on bing search for "truecar chrysler pacifica $1000 certificate" and go to the geico link in the results) you can make it sweeter by 1000 using the certificate you generate which can be combined with all national/ regional rebates. Just make sure you put correct zipcode for your house and your full name on the site once you get there. If this works please send me a gift after you purchase for saving you 1k + tax 😊

By the way my factory order has same config except i also added 18" wheels which come with michelins that make the car handle better.

·
Registered
10 Posts
That is a good deal with 18% off MSRP. :smile2:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Seems like a reasonable price. If you can get a tdm rebate (on bing search for "truecar chrysler pacifica $1000 certificate" and go to the geico link in the results) you can make it sweeter by 1000 using the certificate you generate which can be combined with all national/ regional rebates. Just make sure you put correct zipcode for your house and your full name on the site once you get there. If this works please send me a gift after you purchase for saving you 1k + tax 😊

By the way my factory order has same config except i also added 18" wheels which come with michelins that make the car handle better.
Why didn't I meet you before I bought my Pacifica :frown2:
I only used $500 truecar TDM rebate. I searched for $1000 TDM rebate on bing before but never knew to look into Geico site and I am a Geico user :crying:
I wish I would have known this before, alas!

·
Registered
977 Posts
There really is no such thing as 0% interest money available to you. What is actually happening is that your Houston dealer and/or Chrysler is subsidizing the loan money so it appears to you to be zero interest. This is in lieu of a steeper discount, so you actually are paying "interest" in the form of a smaller discount than would otherwise be available. The bottom line is that it really is a good deal, if you normally would have dragged the purchase out for five years.

Make sure that "TTL" is in line with normal Houston practices, and they are not forcing accessories such as fairy dust and unicorn far*s. If it's a clean deal, go for it!

·
Registered
22 Posts
There really is no such thing as 0% interest money available to you. What is actually happening is that your Houston dealer and/or Chrysler is subsidizing the loan money so it appears to you to be zero interest. This is in lieu of a steeper discount, so you actually are paying "interest" in the form of a smaller discount than would otherwise be available. The bottom line is that it really is a good deal, if you normally would have dragged the purchase out for five years.

Make sure that "TTL" is in line with normal Houston practices, and they are not forcing accessories such as fairy dust and unicorn far*s. If it's a clean deal, go for it!
Actually there is only 250 of additional rebate if someone wants the non 0% financing. What is stupid is that if you dont finance at all ie just buy in full cash you get 750 less rebates than with 0% financing. I wish i had gotten extra rebate in lieu of no financing but sometimes logic doesn't apply.

·
Registered
364 Posts

I put 15k down, paid cash for lifetime warranty and TTL, and dragged the rest of the van out for seven years at 1.9 interest a local credit union which I thought was a great rate.

·
Registered
977 Posts
There is usually a HUGE caveat on those "0%" loans. Read the fine print. If you default, it becomes an xx% loan. "Default" often means one day late on any payment. It is always wise to set those up for automatic payment (at least 5 days before the actual due date). It is this "feature" that makes it attractive to lending institutions. They know the statistical default rate. It is this statistic that makes the deal cheaper if you finance, as @hashraf noted in his $750 reference above.

·
Registered
389 Posts
There is usually a HUGE caveat on those "0%" loans. Read the fine print. If you default, it becomes an xx% loan. "Default" often means one day late on any payment. It is always wise to set those up for automatic payment (at least 5 days before the actual due date). It is this "feature" that makes it attractive to lending institutions. They know the statistical default rate. It is this statistic that makes the deal cheaper if you finance, as @hashraf noted in his $750 reference above.
I have never seen an auto loan that works the way you describe. I would have to see that laid out in an agreement to believe it.

My lease agreement with Chrysler Capital certainly has no such default clause, nor did any of the agreements I had on Chrysler products through Ally.

Car loans are amortizing installment loans. I have never seen an amortizing installment loan, or any installment loan for that matter, that has a "default rate"

·
Registered
977 Posts
I have never seen an auto loan that works the way you describe. I would have to see that laid out in an agreement to believe it.

My lease agreement with Chrysler Capital certainly has no such default clause, nor did any of the agreements I had on Chrysler products through Ally.

Car loans are amortizing installment loans. I have never seen an amortizing installment loan, or any installment loan for that matter, that has a "default rate"
The scenario I cited has nothing to do with leases. Of course Chrysler Capital and Ally do not do this.

How do you amortize a 0% interest loan? The red flag was that $750 difference if you finance. If it is a straight seller absorbing the interest, why offer a better deal if you finance rather than pay cash? Only if the lender is kicking back $750 to the seller.

An aside, those credit card offers of low or zero interest for 12 or 18 months usually default to the "cash borrow" rate if you are late for even one payment. The same thing applies to the retail merchandise offers of "zero interest" for 48 months.

·
Registered
22 Posts

The scenario I cited has nothing to do with leases. Of course Chrysler Capital and Ally do not do this.

How do you amortize a 0% interest loan? The red flag was that $750 difference if you finance. If it is a straight seller absorbing the interest, why offer a better deal if you finance rather than pay cash? Only if the lender is kicking back $750 to the seller.

An aside, those credit card offers of low or zero interest for 12 or 18 months usually default to the "cash borrow" rate if you are late for even one payment. The same thing applies to the retail merchandise offers of "zero interest" for 48 months.
Waldo, there is no catch. It is a little counterintuitive but that doesn't mean they are screwing you with some hidden language on pg 15 of a 20 page contract.

·
Registered
389 Posts

Credit cards are not installment loans, they are revolving credit. Retail merchandise deals are also revolving credit, not installment loans. As I said before, I have never seen any installment loan than has a "default" rate as you describe. These are FIXED RATE loans and are controlled by the CFPB. Please tell us where you came to "know" this and provide some third party proof, otherwise I call total BS.

And its not "$750 more to pay cash", its $250 LESS to pay cash. You finance and get a $3,500 rebate and 0% interest OR pay cash or finance at a non-promotional rate and get $3,750.

In any event, you're incorrect.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I found the rebate and printed it out. Thank you very much for your help.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Okay, I may be overcautious, but my original premise stands. There is no such thing as 0% money to finance a car or your new bed. Somewhere the price you pay hides the cost of your borrowed money.

·
Registered
244 Posts
And its not "$750 more to pay cash", its $250 LESS to pay cash. You finance and get a $3,500 rebate and 0% interest OR pay cash or finance at a non-promotional rate and get $3,750.

OP is in TX and according to Chrysler, you get $2250 if you get the promotional 0% rate. You get $3500 if you pay cash or get your own financing. That's a $1250 difference.

https://www.chrysler.com/incentives/offers-model.html?ccode=CUC201905RUCT53A

·
Registered
22 Posts

OP is in TX and according to Chrysler, you get $2250 if you get the promotional 0% rate. You get $3500 if you pay cash or get your own financing. That's a $1250 difference.

https://www.chrysler.com/incentives/offers-model.html?ccode=CUC201905RUCT53A
For L plus its only 2500 which includes 1000 Chrysler capital rebate ie requires Chrysler financing. So if you dont finance you get 1500 which is 750 less. If you finance at non 0% you get 2500 ie 250 more. For limited there is an extra 1000 though which changes the equation a bit.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Totally depends on region and trim, but the point made is the same. If you choose the 0% financing you get a smaller rebate than if you pay cash or get your own financing which is the opposite of what Waldo was saying.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts