2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
A photo of a display or computer screen at the WAP leaked a few weeks ago on the WAP Facebook page and was quickly taken down.
It showed the number of vehicles to be built each day during the first week of August. I don't remember each number, but there was also an average per day displayed, and it was 765.
Another leaked document from the last week of June was a photo of a production schedule, and it had 829 and 849 per day listed.

·
Registered
78 Posts
849 Pacificas a day? That’s incredible
I've found this slightly older info:
Approximately 6,000 employees at Windsor Assembly build the Dodge Grand Caravan, Chrysler Pacifica and the Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid on three shifts daily, usually six days per week. The plant can produces nearly 1,500 minivans daily.
Nowadays they're down to 4500 employees and two shifts, so these numbers make sense.

·
Registered
441 Posts
When the Windsor plant finally opens how many Pacificas and Voyager are they capable of making per day?
I read that they can produce ONE van every 48 seconds.

·
Registered
78 Posts
There is more impressive than that, if you stop to think how many vehicles are produced worldwide per day. In 2017 and 2018, 97 million motor vehicles were produced each year worldwide. That's approximately 267,700 vehicles per day, which means about 3 vehicles every single second!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Those are incredible figures folks. Hopefully if they return in two weeks time we’ll finally get outlet vehicles

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Geez this thing is really going to drag out. I think it’s safe to say at this point 2021s will be more than likely converted to 2022s

·
Registered
78 Posts
Geez this thing is really going to drag out. I think it’s safe to say at this point 2021s will be more than likely converted to 2022s
Unbuild pending '21 orders have already been converted to '22 orders. Mine was and several other members here too.

·
Registered
2018 Pacifica Touring L+
656 Posts
Well, for some orders converting from '21 to "22 could be problematic. For example, a couple of items that were in the Safety Sphere package (now standard in '22) have been moved to the Uconnect Family Theater package which may be a $3k option now. I think the 8-way power front passenger seat is one of them. It might be wise to verify order with dealer.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Touring-L Plus
60 Posts
Roof rails have been removed from the Hybrid on all but the Pinnacle trim as well. They aren’t even an option.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Roof rails have been removed from the Hybrid on all but the Pinnacle trim as well. They aren’t even an option.
Maybe the holes still there so you can buy them as an accessory? I don't know.

We've had our Pacifica for almost four years and have never used the rails. My guess would be that most people never use them. They look cool, though. :cool:

·
Registered
2018 Pacifica Touring L+
656 Posts
Well, for some orders converting from '21 to "22 could be problematic. For example, a couple of items that were in the Safety Sphere package (now standard in '22) have been moved to the Uconnect Family Theater package which may be a $3k option now. I think the 8-way power front passenger seat is one of them. It might be wise to verify order with dealer.
Other possible items moved to Uconnect Family Theater Group include:
  • front passenger seat power lumber adjustment
  • front passenger seat auto advance and return
  • 13 Alpine speakers
  • 506 watt amplifier
  • Uconnect 5 Navigation
  • Integrated voice command w/Bluetooth
  • USB charge port 3rd row

It would be sweet if Chrysler revived the Touring L+ trim that includes the Uconnect Family Theater Group at a discount much like they did on our 2018.

·
Registered
78 Posts
There are indeed a few conversion issues.
I don't know much about gas or Touring L model as I compared Limited and Pinnacle hybrids only.
The biggest issue I've seen so far, a member here got his '21 order cancelled. In Canada we had Touring and Touring L Plus available for hybrids instead of Touring L like in the USA, but for '22, we now have Touring L the same ad USA. He had an order for a '21 Touring L Plus, model no longer available as a '22.
The Pinnacle had very little changes, the only thing I can see that is gone is the tri-pane sunroof, now dual pane sunroof (that's true for all gas and hybrid models).
The UConnect Theater package no longer has the bluray/DVD player for Touring and Limited hybrids, only for all gas models or Pinnacle hybrid.
Second and third row shades are no longer standard on the Limited hybrid, apparently it's now part of a package. According to my dealer it seems to now be part of the uconnect theater package.
Unless I am mistaken, from what I understand, the only packagez now are the uconnect and s appearance packages. Everything else has either been made standard, removed, or merged into the uconnect package.
The splash guards and clear protective film options are no longer available either.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts