2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just picked up my Pacifica Hybrid Limited this morning.
After driving it around all day, the wide angle camera views (front and rear) just stopped working. I can only get the default camera views. I am unable to select the wide angle options. I swear it was working this morning and early afternoon.

The "X" in the upper right of the screen to exit is also unresponsive. Did anyone else have this issue?

Disappointing to discover issues on the first day with the car. At first I chalked it up to user error. But after playing with it I don't think so. I may be stupid, but I don't think that stupid.

Thanks,
Ben

·
Registered
212 Posts
This issue has gotten a lot of discussion in another thread. I'm too new here to post links, but it's in the forum hierarchy here:

2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums > 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Tech Section > Electronics > Surround Cameras Not working

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This issue has gotten a lot of discussion in another thread. I'm too new here to post links, but it's in the forum hierarchy here:

2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums > 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Tech Section > Electronics > Surround Cameras Not working
Thanks. I tried a search earlier but didn't find that thread. This afternoon, the issue resolved itself. I can use the surround camera view again. No idea why or how.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Thanks. I tried a search earlier but didn't find that thread. This afternoon, the issue resolved itself. I can use the surround camera view again. No idea why or how.
There is a Uconnect software update that should address this as it did with mine. It came in as an over the air update.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is a Uconnect software update that should address this as it did with mine. It came in as an over the air update.
Thanks for the tip. I checked online for the UConnect update. When I entered my VIN, it said my UConnect was already up to date. Yet today, the issue popped up again. It seems to show up every time I play my kids's favorite DVD and then resolve itself after a random amount of time. I brought it back to the dealer today and left it with them to look at.

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Touring L (9/2016 Build)
2,124 Posts
Thanks for the tip. I checked online for the UConnect update. When I entered my VIN, it said my UConnect was already up to date. Yet today, the issue popped up again. It seems to show up every time I play my kids's favorite DVD and then resolve itself after a random amount of time. I brought it back to the dealer today and left it with them to look at.
Check this link about the over the air update being rolled out for 2018 Pacificas. It may not be on the UConnect site.
https://www.pacificaforums.com/foru...july-14th-2018-a.html?nojs=1#goto_threadtools

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
An update for those interested. Issue definitely occurs every time after using the DVD player. The dealer (Fremont CDJR) said they had to replace the "Radio" unit (basically the touchscreen console unit). I was skeptical that this would fix the issue, but let them do their thing. From the time I dropped of the car, it took them a full week and a day to receive and install the new unit.

I was out of town when it was ready on the August 10. I just went this morning to pick it up and first thing I do is play a DVD and the exact issue happens again. Touchscreen for the surround view cameras are completely unresponsive. Turns out the technician never actually tried replicating the issue after playing the DVD even though they told me over the phone that they did when I asked.

They are keeping the car again to take another look. I suspect that this is a software issue that the dealer will not be able to resolve. The really annoying thing is that I asked them on Day 1 if this was a software issue that the they as the dealership wouldn't be able to fix.

Extremely frustrating. I took the car home July 29 and have the car in my possession a total of 3 days since.

·
Registered
212 Posts
My experience with test-driving a 2018 Hybrid Limited is just as you described; the multiview camera page worked correctly until I went to the Uconnect Theater page, then returned to the multiview camera page, at which point it became unresponsive to touch. I demonstrated it to the dealer, then used a trick I learned here to put the Uconnect into "dealer mode" where I could check the software version, and found this particular car was not up-to-date. The over-the-air update described here is supposed to fix it: https://www.pacificaforums.com/foru...d-july-14th-2018-a.html?nocache=1531872000000

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My experience with test-driving a 2018 Hybrid Limited is just as you described; the multiview camera page worked correctly until I went to the Uconnect Theater page, then returned to the multiview camera page, at which point it became unresponsive to touch. I demonstrated it to the dealer, then used a trick I learned here to put the Uconnect into "dealer mode" where I could check the software version, and found this particular car was not up-to-date. The over-the-air update described here is supposed to fix it: https://www.pacificaforums.com/foru...d-july-14th-2018-a.html?nocache=1531872000000
I actually asked the Service Rep if the OTA would address the issue and even e-mailed him a screen shot of the Service Bulletin for the OTA that was posted somewhere on pacificaforums. But they still went ahead and replaced the unit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts