2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chrysler make its debut Thursday @ Chicago auto shows it will be interesting to see how much the price goes up as well .
9CE0C709-AD21-408A-ADC8-23E8375BBE31.png

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
They probably won't announce the price this early.

This Chrysler site will show the car at announcement time Thursday morning 9am CST.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think in gas versions AWD will run off some sort of etorque configuration as they have on gas versions . I think , and hoping on the electric version , that the battery and motors will be increased to accommodate range and functionality. The big question is , what does the technology come at as a cost in $$$$, along with the refresh . I’m also assuming the voyeur will retain the current generations fascia, lights , etc, to keep that cost under wraps .

·
Registered
1,581 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
"while the 2021 Pacifica Hybrid will be made a general powertrain option rather than a standalone model. "

What does that mean??

·
Registered
559 Posts
They used to classify the hybrid as it's own model, rather than an option for the mainline pacifica. Chrysler had 3 van models in 2020, the Voyager, the Pacifica, and the Pacifica Hybrid. Now they have the Voyager and the Pacifica. It's a classification thing, not really a big deal to the end users.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pinnacle interior is stunning , the interior new cameras for viewing rear passengers , uconnect , front and back end , they have indeed made it much more impressive. Only awd with stow n go , I must say , they def improved on all the other short comings ? . Too bad about no awd on e-hybrid .

·
Registered
329 Posts
We are going to the Chicago Auto Show this coming Wednesday. Post what you would like to know and, if it is not an extensive list, I will learn what I can. Two years ago I found that the folks at the booths were not full of in depth knowledge. Nor did they seem to take notes about my comments. The most interesting person was a lady who worked on the assembly line who was given a trip to the show as a perk.

My son is interested in a Pacifica if he can get his wife to get over the "soccer mom" image of the van. She is a Jeep person but he leans to a Pachy.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Pinnacle interior is stunning , the interior new cameras for viewing rear passengers , uconnect , front and back end , they have indeed made it much more impressive. Only awd with stow n go , I must say , they def improved on all the other short comings ? . Too bad about no awd on e-hybrid .
The Pinnacle also foregoes Stow n Go for more comfy seats. AWD on the hybrid would seriously impact the eMPG numbers.

·
Registered
484 Posts
They brought the wood grain back like in my T&C. Nice!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Looks like a great upgrade. I'm also a little relieved that there's no "must upgrade" feature from the current hybrid (at least for me). If it got a bigger battery or AWD on the hybrid, it would really get me thinking...

Also interesting that it looks like mechanical AWD on the gas models, not the eAWD that some were expecting.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Really love the new fascia and rear end. But I'll not wait 4 month to buy and another 6month to build with the hybrid delay for that. Still thinking about it but better chance I keep with my 2020 order.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Sometime early summer they are going to start building 2020 models with all wheel drive.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
After seeing this I’d definitely wait for 2021 model as it’s got some cool gadgets and the exterior styling is a certain leap forward . Now let’s just wait for the price for the pinnacle version ... lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts